Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This danged heat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rickt300 View Post
    At least it won't melt the powder coating off my bullets. Need it to cool of a lot so I can enjoy a few days at the lease. Looks like it will be a 350 Legend hunt til I shoot something with it. Dove season is open but I haven't even upped my hunting/fishing license yet. Too darned hot to enjoy anything and have summertime cabin fever. Would like to start sleeping in and do some night hunting but my two Catahoula's think wake up time is the crack of dawn. Can't believe it is hot by 9am. And it's September already. I know but it is a rant about hunting and the plan is to use cast.
    In the 100s a few days ago, this morning at 4:30 it was in the low 40s, 90s predicted for tomorrow ? I am beginning to think when winter comes it will be over night, 80s in the day and -20 degs by the next day ???

Yep, woke up this morning to 62 in NW FL, was 96 / 96 yesterday......Sept here normally can be a pain, no idea from day to day what you will be faced with. A total crap shoot.
    For hunting in warm weather we take a fish box size cooler, in the back of a PU, skin and cut up the deer then stop by the ice house, fill the cooler to the top, pull the plug, keep filling the cooler daily with ice for 4-5 days, letting the cooler drain continually. Soaks, washes and cools the meat, really works well for hot weather.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Bub
    I’ve started doing the cooler and ice thing as well. It works really well. The meat stays super cold and all the blood gets drained out really well. Makes for some great tasting meals.
    Also, we can work on processing a little each night as time allows.
    Win-win for sure.

I still don’t enjoy warm weather hunting though. My sons could care less, so that’s why we do the cooler process!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rickt300 View Post
    At least it won't melt the powder coating off my bullets. Need it to cool of a lot so I can enjoy a few days at the lease. Looks like it will be a 350 Legend hunt til I shoot something with it. Dove season is open but I haven't even upped my hunting/fishing license yet. Too darned hot to enjoy anything and have summertime cabin fever. Would like to start sleeping in and do some night hunting but my two Catahoula's think wake up time is the crack of dawn. Can't believe it is hot by 9am. And it's September already. I know but it is a rant about hunting and the plan is to use cast.
    Yesterday morning 9.13.2023, 4:30 am, it was 27 F degs out; This morning 9.14.2023, frost again; Winter is coming ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    I loathe the heat in Summer. People keep telling me that when you get old you'll like hot days better. I'm in my 60's now and I hate the heat even worse than I did as a kid.
    Ditto about age and heat tolerance.

I was born in north Florida in 1940 and grew up there. I left to live in the mountains of western N.C. in 1968; love it. Being old in high heat and humidity (i.e., anything above about 78 F/85%) today just wipes me out now. I can always put on more clothes to be warm in winter but the law limits how much I can legally remove to get cool in summer.

I believe the looney liberal alarm about, "We all gonna fry next week!". "Global warming", like the political "hole in the ozone layer", "C-19", "assault rifles", etc. scares is just another manufactored effort to keep the public's bowels in a liquid uproar to, "Do something NOW to save the world before our poor children die of the present terror!"

Fact is, the world has alway been changing in every way but it has always been slow. I note that our frantic TV climate "experts" and professional propaganda news flunkeys rarely tell us what the yearly temperature change is! I think there's a reason for that avoidance. I believe our fearful climate Chicken Littles know the world wide temperature changes are much too tiny to frighten many of even the dumbest of people if they actually knew very much so the whole truth seldom gets public mention!

Boolit Master
    The left must install fear in the college age & under. Their knowledge & logic is not matured like older folks. & they have been of a rebellious nature since the 60's. -06

I'm born and raised here, so the heat doesn't get to me. And in fact, because I live near Sun City and have to deal with all the bad-driving snowbirds,...the heat means most of them flee back north or stay inside and off the road, which is a blessing. The cooler temperatures means they will return, and the good shooting spots get crowded. But at least I can cast during daylight hours instead of doing the typical desert creature nocturnal-only lifestyle I adopt from June through October.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master
    Hey, it's cooling off quite a bit around here in Va. Got up this morning with two big does grazing in the middle of my shooting lane. Seems they have been moving quite a bit better in the last week or so. Just a few more weeks & --- You Know. -06

Yeah, it's easing off here too.
    It'll only be in the high 90s this coming week.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

34 degrees this morning with a forecast high of 56 degrees. It will go the the high 60's later this week.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    It's in the mid 60's here in NW Oregon. We were having a bit of a drought but it's been raining all week and I really miss the warm weather. I'm hoping for enough sonny days so the rest of my tomatoes will ripen...

Tony
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

Boolit Master
    Mid to high 80's here in North Alabama. Can't wait until it finally cools down. We had a week of low 80's which was merely a cruel tease.

Boolit Master

When I was gainfully employed the work environment was almost always over 90F.
    Didn’t bother me in the least. Now at 90 degrees I’m good for about twenty minutes. It can’t be that I’m getting old, must have something to do with global warming.
    As an apprentice I was on a project near Fresno. Humid and sticky, around eighty degrees. I gulped down a lukewarm cup of water from the cooler and remarked they must have forgot to add ice. The steward said I shouldn’t worry, that water will seem pretty cool around lunchtime, after the sun had heated up the job site.
    Last edited by Bmi48219; 09-27-2023 at 01:24 PM.

What sucks is it's still pretty hot and humid, bow season opened a couple days ago and I have all the usual September chores to do before I get the bowhunting done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12