WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Favorites

Boolit Master

Favorites

Here's a few Stevens Favorites that I've contrived to fit with scopes. The first is a .25RF with full-length Stevens scope. A marriage that I officiated over (replaced original buttstock with aftermarket replica buttplate; scope a lucky gunshow find), but affordable, at least.

The next are two Favorites, one an action rebuilt into a deluxe rifle with Wollensak scope, bottom a cobbled-together restocked relined barreled action with an old Weaver.

Mostly on old rifles I like the more primitive looking outside-adjustment scopes, but I've come to admire the look of the Stevens rifles that Allyn Tedmon (The "Godfather" of Stevens Rifles) used to scrounge up and rebuild in the Thirties. The skinny Weaver scopes were all the rage then, and are still pretty useful if found cheep in decent condition. And they seem to fit the Favorites and 44s for that Depression-era look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Favorite&Scope.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	317601 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Favorites&Scopes.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	317602

If I can see through the scope and set a zero, (and it looks Period), I have no qualms about putting it on an otherwise valueless wreck I'm rehabbing into shootability. If they're not crystal-clear or adjustable to 1/2 MOA, they still beat the buckhorn and blade sights that the average clunker of the period tends to sport. If everything in my accumulation had to be a target or long-range hunting rifle, I wouldn't have had a hundredth of the Fun I've had messing around with this Stuff.

I've only got one Favorite, 1894 Model, 32 Long RF. I shoot it with .32 LC brass modified to take Level 2 nail gun blanks. I put this scope on it. A Monkey Wards (Mossberg 2.5x). I made adapters to be able use parts from the old one piece mount on standard Lyman style bases. The little gun really shoots well, surprisingly the most accurate load is with the undersize inside lubed hollow base bullet from an Ideal #1 .32 L.I.L. tool. A hoot to shoot!

Name:	P1020341.jpg 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	317651

Name:	P1020342.jpg 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	317652

Great guns!
    Love those old Stevens full length scopes! I have a Ballard #3 that started life as a .22 Long, but was sent to Stevens and rebored/rifled to be a .25 Stevens RF. It's marked under the forearm on the barrel flat as being done by Stevens. It also has a full length Stevens 368 scope that I assume was installed at the same time.