Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Bass Fishin'

Bass Fishin'

I've always been big into bass fishing, but I took a few years off when life got in the way. I've been back at it full force recently, prompted by having a son I want to keep interested in the outdoors between hunting. So... I've got it as bad as I ever did; eat, sleep, and breath fishin'.

I've been going to Freeman Lake in Etown, but I'd like to find some other spots. I also want to get into kayak fishing, as it would afford me to get around the waters better than bank fishing and allow me to practice techniques in deeper water.

Anyone else round here got it bad?

I forgot to mention, this is not at the aforementioned Freeman Lake, but a local pond I frequent.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 09-04-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Bazoo, we are in the same stomping grounds. Been to freeman lake a few times but never did any good. I kayak around on Sympson lake just outside of Bardstown. Fishing is fair, but it is very picturesque, and a joy to 'yak in the fall. We lived on Nolin lake for 11 years, and that was great... fished everytime I could get out on the lake. Rough river, Barren river, Kentucky lake, Barkley, i've fished them all. If it is in Kentucky and wet, I've tossed a lure at it. Keep on fishing, it'll keep you young.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Nice looking bass! Not a fan of eating bass, too pondy for me, but love catching them. Sorry I have no info down your way - way up N. midwest, but I've always bank-fished for bass so it will be interesting to read more here. Good luck.
    -Paul

Boolit Master

Used to do a lot of blue gilling on Sympson. Pretty lake, seems like there used to be whiskey warehouses in view a few places. Kentucky lake in the spring for crappie. Rough River Lake and Lake Cumberland for white bass at night and crappie during the day. Fished below Wolf Creek dam for rainbows and walleye. I remember Green River Reservoir being built and went there some too. All of this was when I was a kid growing up. My parents are from Columbia and Russell Springs so I spent a lot of time there. Good memories. You have some beautiful areas around you.

I'm still hitting the water as often as I can. Caught a nice 5 pounder yesterday in the rain.