Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Island M1903

Boolit Master
    I sent pics to an auction house in Maine of the 1903. They put what I think is a low value on the gun at auction.
    I don't want to buy this rifle, the owner won't ship it, so, with that in mind, can I get a value on this forum without violating any rules?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I sent pics to an auction house in Maine of the 1903. They put what I think is a low value on the gun at auction.
    I don't want to buy this rifle, the owner won't ship it, so, with that in mind, can I get a value on this forum without violating any rules?
    Battis -- Two great gentleman, John Spangler (US Navy, retired ) and Mark Wade, run a service where they sell tons of firearms, with their server as, Oldguns.net. You can type this in, or go directly to their site at https://oldguns.net/index.php.
    I've purchased lots of stuff -- including several firearms -- from them, and imho they give "new definition" to being straight shooters. The best of the best, always! My only regret always being I'm too poor to purchase more from them!
    Amongst the many services they offer -- including manufacture date of most firearms simply by your typing in its serial number -- John has always been both an unbelievable good source of knowledge AND his sharing of it!
    Perhaps you may check in with John? (Just by "luck" I've never conversed with Mr. Wade, albeit my guess is -- as a partner with John -- he is ever bit as great!)

Another friend is (are?) the Pucci's -- Anthony, and his son, Michael Anthony -- on Long Island, New York who run Orion7 Enterprises -- many years dealing with mostly U S military arms. GOOD people, and a good source, you may wish to ring Michael. Anthony -- who has also written many articles for the Garand Collectors magazine, is viewed by many as a world-leader of knowledge both on this firearm as well as those made by Johnson, the U S M1 Carbine, and, the 1903s. 1-631-205-1299

Good luck!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I sent them an email.

Boolit Master
    I sent John Spangler photos and info on the rifle. He responded very quickly with a detailed, in-depth evaluation of the rifle, including value. It is a well done replica of a sniper's rifle, but not super valuable. I passed the info to the owner and, now that he knows what it is, he's going to sell it locally.
    Hats off to John Spangler. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I sent John Spangler photos and info on the rifle. He responded very quickly with a detailed, in-depth evaluation of the rifle, including value. It is a well done replica of a sniper's rifle, but not super valuable. I passed the info to the owner and, now that he knows what it is, he's going to sell it locally.
    Hats off to John Spangler. Very helpful and knowledgeable.
    I DID suggest he is one of the very best of the best!!! I am most happy you took my suggestion to contact him and it is working out for you. Mr. Spangler is a ZERO-b.s. incredibly knowledgeable person who regularly goes well beyond the limits to help others. Maybe three years ago )??) he announced he was retiring...
    geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 02-17-2024 at 08:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12