Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Ssk-50

Ssk-50

Surprised I didn't see it here already. SSK is now shipping frames through Haus Of Arms. I'm on the list somewhere.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Post some more info about this item.

Boolit Master

https://www.hausofarms.com/

Here is the simplest way to describe the SSK-50. Consider it in every way as you would have "the original." The exception is that it is made of stronger materials and to more consistent specifications, with state-of-the-art CNC technology.

Manufactured by SSK Firearms in PA, they have revived this legendary platform from the dead, and this is the best news for the single-shot community in decades. David Fricke of SSK was first introduced to the single-shot world 45 years ago, and he is the driving force behind the revival of this platform that was discontinued roughly 17 years ago. He also has a passion for the wildcat calibers created by his friend and mentor, JD Jones.

Since this frame includes the latest revisions of "the original," all G1 barrels, current production G2, MGM, Bullberry, and SSK barrels will work on these frames.

100% Crossover Compatibility: meaning that all original barrels, stock sets, grip sets, and accessories will work perfectly on this new frame. Any chambering that worked well on "the original" will work as well or better on this frame.

The SSK-50 boasts a Stainless Steel frame with a black nitride-finished trigger guard, black oxide-finished hammer, and trigger to create a stunning package. The trigger is as good, if not better than "the original" famous trigger that we hear about all the time.

4 frame options are available:

1) LYNX

2) HausOfArms

3) Flatside

4) Fleur de Lis

Unlike standard offerings that we have been accustomed to where the frames are designated at the factory and shipped with the appropriate stock or grip set. These frames are not designated and therefore can be used for either pistol or rifle just like an AR lower checking the "other" box on page 2 of the 4473! If a full firearm is shipped then that would designate either handgun or long gun box being checked on the 4473.

Lifetime factory warranty.

First thing I did after opening this post was check the date. I was sure this was an old post revived. I can't believe these are actually being made.
    Last edited by Four-Sixty; 08-25-2023 at 04:10 AM.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Grand Master

I've been on the list for a while too.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master

That is very good news to these eyes !
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Bub
    Yes, I was surprised when Marty said that they were actually shipping them. I too have been on the list for quite a while, sorta would like to call and see how close, but don't want to waste all their time answering stupid questions. Good Luck Chris

Boolit Buddy
    That is absolutely outstanding news. A friend told me about this on Thursday.

Here is a Picture of my Son-in-law's new flatside SSK-50. He hasn't got to shoot it yet, but hopefully soon.

Safe Shooting
    Doug
    [url=https://postimg.cc/9RXZvVX6][/url
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

My new frame in the Lynx model is now on its way from Marty to my FFL. I'm planning on all pistol barrels for it, no carbines

First on my list is a super 14 22LR match barrel Fer squirrel and small pests

Next a used 357 mag I'll cut down to 8" with a Burris Fastfire 3 for my 180 grain Mihec Carbine bullet, anything up to deer.

For anything bigger on the planet I'll use my Encore with its 14" 460 S&W barrel with the Ross brake and 2-7 Burris. This should cover all my single shot hunting needs with these 2 pistols.

Hope everyone else that's been waiting gets there call soon! I been on the list since December of 2019, when I got my call, I actually had to pull off the road and ask, this is who, about what? My next respons was OH, YA, now I remember.

Boolit Buddy
    Those that are saying they are on the list did you prepay as they are first in line or just on the call list ? I too am on the waiting call list. Wondering how long this is going to take as there was something like 400 that was prepaid.

Pre-order, call list, whatever, I did not pre-pay. I would have got my back by 3 years and 9 months. I got on the list December 2019.

I was confused when I got the call, but the $275 introductory price was honored.

Boolit Mold
    I jumped on that bandwagon yesterday! The Contender is too innovative to let it go extinct. Bob Milek influenced me back in the early nineteen eighties.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Trick View Post
    I jumped on that bandwagon yesterday! The Contender is too innovative to let it go extinct. Bob Milek influenced me back in the early nineteen eighties.
    Bob Milek was very helpful. I have a few Easy Open Contender frames that had handgun barrels on them up until my oldest daughter turned about seven and needed a varmint rig. Being left handed it was an easy call. In Washington State a person needs a hunting license to shoot chucks, so she couldn't shoot it in the field for a few months after I put her carbine together in 17 Hornet. It has a 23 inch EABco straight barrel and shoots right around half inch groups at a hundred yards. I put a man stock on it and took it with some friends to central WA and after my first shot which was about 75 yards offhand that rolled a nice big chuck the three of us shared her Contender for the rest of the weekend. All three of us came home and bought CZ 527s, but I still borrow hers from time to time. So my two younger kids are very small in stature and for them I bought an MGM tapered 21 inch barrel in 17 Hornet and surrendered another of my Contender frames. It too shoots right at half an inch at a hundred yards.

I'm really glad frames are again going to be available

My two have been shipped and should be here next week.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

I've seen some on Facebook. So far the reports are all good.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I "NEED" another Contender frame. If I had bought one back when Doug Turnbull was color case hardening them, I wouldn't need another one!!!
    Wonder what that would cost, this new frame and Doug working on it!