WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lube after PC, before sizing??

Boolit Master
    I powder coat shortly after casting. I size shortly after powder coating. I increased my bake time to 30 minutes after I hit 400degF and don't have to use spray on case lube (9 parts alcohol to 1 of Lanolin) to size.

Anyone else try the "air fry" setting on a toaster oven to bake your coating on? I've found that 12 minutes at 390° works wonders with Hi-Tek coating.

Boolit Master

I have yet to use the shake and bake method when I do use a electrostatic powder spray gun if I need to move a bullet I use tweezers on the bullet nose.

Most of my bullets are spray painted with Enamel paint then baked it works well and is a thinner coating .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Well_Read_Redneck View Post
    Anyone else try the "air fry" setting on a toaster oven to bake your coating on? I've found that 12 minutes at 390° works wonders with Hi-Tek coating.
    The 'air fry' setting on a toaster oven is just a higher flow convection oven.

I still don't understand why people insist on trying to cook for less time than the powder mfg recommends? What's a few more minutes once they are in the oven?

Boolit Bub
    I stand up all the pc'd bullets and then I use a small artist brush to lightly touch up the bullet where I can see the lead showing through. Works very well for 99 percent of the bullets. The 1 percent usually have oil or a contaminant on the lead bullet surface and then the brush technique does not work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12