Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Anyone shooting a Springfield Prodigy 9mm DS?

Anyone shooting a Springfield Prodigy 9mm DS?

Fellas:
    Anyone shooting a Prodigy?
    Tony

A friend has one that I've put maybe a hundred rounds thru. It feels like a double stack 1911 and shoots as nice as it looks.

Denny

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    We've had a few of the Echelon pistols come through the shop. Nice guns but don't see any advantage over anything else. Looks awfully Sig P320ish.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I have, and I just put a 4.5” in layaway. Some of earlier ones had “some” issues, and I say that like that because most YT reviews I saw they tried like hell to break it cause it’s not a Staccato. I have a Staccato and if I knew the Prodigy were coming out I wouldn’t have bought it!

Short review, if I was still on duty I would carry the Staccato in my holster just because it’s stainless and more proven. I see the Prodigy as a budget version with lesser in finish and build but it still works and runs great. Mine will be a range toy and home defense tool, so I don’t care if it gets nicks or dings.

I would like to see SA come out with a 10mm or 45ACP in the Prodigy!
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    We've had a few of the Echelon pistols come through the shop. Nice guns but don't see any advantage over anything else. Looks awfully Sig P320ish.
    Echelon isn't a Prodigy...

At this point, I think we've sold 4 or 5 Prodigy's. Of that group, and according to the owners, one needed some tuning to get it to run. I don't really think any of them have any high round counts on them yet, though, so IDK how they'll hold out.

It's a neat gun, and it's cheaper than a Stacatto, but it's not for me. I dunno...I just have zero interest in 2011s.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Echelon isn't a Prodigy...

At this point, I think we've sold 4 or 5 Prodigy's. Of that group, and according to the owners, one needed some tuning to get it to run. I don't really think any of them have any high round counts on them yet, though, so IDK how they'll hold out.

It's a neat gun, and it's cheaper than a Stacatto, but it's not for me. I dunno...I just have zero interest in 2011s.
    My bad, for some reason I thought they were different versions of the same gun.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.