Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collect old presses????

Boolit Grand Master

Collect old presses????

Besides the good old Hollywood press, does anyone collect them???
    I have a problem with collecting old tools.
    Just find them so interesting.
    So naturally I started looking for "different" presses.
    Got a small collection of interesting one.
    Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Boolit Grand Master

Same. I have 20 plus presses I haven't used in a very long time and probably never will.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Just used my old Lyman Comet the other day to load up some 30 Kern for benchrest. The old girl is just so smooth!
    Wayne

I have a RCBS A4 Big Max with both handles coming. Don't know much about them but it appears to be built like a tank. Should be here next week
    Safe shooting
    Doug
    Last edited by tred1956; 08-13-2023 at 04:00 PM.
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Mold
    I'm always on the lookout for old presses. I have a few and they get more use than the newer ones. Every time I use them it just brings back fond memories of me as a little kid helping my father or grandfather.

Boolit Grand Master
    I like odd, different presses.
    Those that you just don't see anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    I have way too many of all kinds. My lady said she counted 50 a couple of days ago when were moving things around.

Boolit Master
    I have 25 or so different presses so yeah, I can't resist an old press at a cheap price.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up an old CH single station H press. Seems like a very strong press. Need to actually load something on it,
    swamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0718[1].jpg  
    Last edited by swamp; 08-17-2023 at 06:20 PM.
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a fondness for the old presses myself, especially Pacific (pre-Hornady) shotshell presses. They made 'em good back then.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Grand Master

I bought them new and now their old...
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Have a couple blue Bairs, a blue Pacific and a red Hornady. My favorite oldie is a huge Kodiak single stage.

When I run into an old ugly one that I can get for next to nothing -- or nothing, I pick em up. I've got a bead blaster that cleans them up real good, then get a rattle can of equipment enamel to coat them. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Oh Heck Yeah ... I was at a Flea Market and an old Lyman All-American Turret press kept begging me to to take her home . Screw in shell holders , wooden handle a set of 30-06 and 38/357 mag. Lyman A-A Dies with shell holders and a bunch of other reloading odds and ends $75.00 , she looked so neglected ... I did it.
    She sits next to my Eagle Cobra 300 press and Pacific Super Deluxe (the blue press before Dillion was even thinking about making any kind of tools ) .
    She has been cleaned lubed and set up to load 357 magnum and 30-06 !

Old Tools have always held a fascination for me ... my grandfather was a Blacksmith and my Mom got a lot of his old tools and I was just so interested in them .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Gary I would do the exact same thing. Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    i have 8 of them. now i am wondering why did i do that. will be selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I bought them new and now their old...
    That's where I'm at.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I only get old presses I put into use last month (Maybe it was June? ) I bought a old Lyman All-American Turret press with 9mm & 30-06 Lyman dies* and gave it to my son . The guy wanted $25 and said that box goes with it . Inside the box was drop funnels for an old Herter's powder measure I have restored , a complete except powder hopper Ideal No. 55 powder measure and a very old Ideal powder scale .
    The old powder scale did not have powder hanger or pan but with some heavy Aluminum wire and a pan from a broken Lyman scale I was able to fix it up. It is quite accurate but without modern magnetic dampening is a bit slower in use . It does have the metal part that stops the beam movement it is just training myself that is slow! Last week I got a RCBS 505 green scale for $25 . I probably do not need anymore scales but....

* I told the guy selling the press if he put it up on the internet he could get a lot more for it but he was just wanting it gone.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I was wanting a C&H single station for a long time and put a WTB add on another site and got scammed (Albert3839/Chrisriley3839) He got me for $100.00. Found one on ebay started bidding on it and than a C&H 444showed up and ended up getting them both. Than a Dunbar showed up on Ebay, did some research and ended up getting it. What a beast. Than a Hollywood Senior was put up for bid and lo and behold, it should be here today. Now I need to start selling off my modern presses...

Moderator Emeritus

I have an old Herters "C" press that I kind of like, and will use one in a while.
    I recently seen someone post a photo of an old rusted tight Herter's "C" Press they seen at a fleamarket. I thought that would be a neat thing to use as a Boat anchor...seriously a boat anchor. Problem is I don't currently have a boat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast