WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Small Generators And A 12v Plug In Not Available?

Boolit Grand Master

Small Generators And A 12v Plug In Not Available?

20yrs ago I bought a 1000w gen for my hunting camp to charge my laptop and phone. It has a 2 prong DC in the front for a set of jumper cables which I used once to save me a 10 mile walk into town.
    Several years ago I bought a 2500w HF Predator which has run like a champ. It also has the DC plug in and even came with a set of jumper cables. I even used it to jump my semi. Fueled it up, hooked and let it run all day. I decided to leave that at my camp for power tools, leaf chipper etc and started looking for a new one.
    I can't find a small generator with a DC plug in
    Has everyone stopped making one for some reason as that is a great feature. I jumped the truck, car and lawnmower not to mention my Freightliner Cascadia with it.
    The Predator gens still have it but all the others seem to have a cigarette plug in. I don't need the inverter and the price just a basic small generator
    Last edited by jonp; 08-18-2023 at 06:05 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I've never seen one except one of the little small ones where a gallon of gas lasts several hours.
    They're run a couple of light bulbs and are sort of a glorified battery charger for the 12V function.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Shot in the dark and I'm no expert on generator, but have you checked Tractor Supply? As far as price goes - nothing is cheap anymore thanks to Bedenomics.

Any way to switch out the cigarette plug in to a plug in the configuration you need or is the draw too heavy that would burn something up? Sorry for my ignorance as the only thing I've ever used a portable gen for is for lights or a 120v to run a refrigerator or freezer.

Boolit Master

Just plug in a battery charger in the 120 volt outlet!

Moderator Emeritus

Look hard at a combination battery jumper, air pump and charger. https://shop.opticsplanet.com/cat-ju...gaAmOaEALw_wcB

These are usually available for about $100 at Costco. I have owned two in the last 5 years and the only problem is the hose cracking on the air function. I have a Rennai space heater in our basement and this will run it for 12 hours in a power outage.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    We have a Honda EU2,000 and an EU 3,000, both of which have the 12V output, but when I look on line at the newer EU 2,200 I don't see the 12V listed?