Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: M1 Carbine Mag Loader

Boolit Master

M1 Carbine Mag Loader

A small Guns & Ammo shop opened near us. Owner is from California where he had a similarly store. Not much of a selection of firearms, mostly new Rugers a few Glocks, pretty generic. He had a few reloading supplies he had purchased from a former reloader. Some Lee molds, Lee dies in not too common calibers, I believe one was a 32-40 or maybe 32-20. Had a couple black powder revolver cylinder stuffers.
    But he had a M1 carbine magazine loader. I’ve never seen one before but looked them up and they aren’t rare.
    Anyone familiar with these?

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.ToTP1...=300&h=300&p=0
    Found an add for one just like it. He wants $60 but I think he’d come down some. Not sure how old this add is.
    https://www.hangar18x.com/rdc-30-car...ne-loader.html

Boolit Master

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find loading carbine mags difficult at all and just don't see a need for that contraption. I believe I could load a magazine in the same amount of time as I could get ammo in that "loader" and then still have to get them into the mag.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't find loading carbine mags difficult at all and just don't see a need for that contraption...
    I believe it was the late LTC Jeff Cooper who dubbed such items 'an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem.'

I didn't know they existed, as I've gotten older, loading magazines is becoming more of a challenge. Another 5 years and I suspect I'll need one. And one for Garand clips.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't find loading carbine mags difficult at all and just don't see a need for that contraption. I believe I could load a magazine in the same amount of time as I could get ammo in that "loader" and then still have to get them into the mag.
    Yeah, probably true. Just never saw one before.

Boolit Master

The M1 carbine mag is about the easiest one I have ever loaded. I don't see a need for a loader.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

I just put rounds into a stripper clip, put it on the mag and ZIP! the mag is loaded! Why would I want that gizmo?

Moderator Emeritus
    The carbine magazine can be loaded using a stripper clip and the “spoon” device that goes on the clip and magazine. Pushing the rounds down into the magazine is very quick and easy. Loading the carbine one at a time is very easy also.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    The M1 carbine mag is about the easiest one I have ever loaded. I don't see a need for a loader.
    Your right. It’s almost as useful as buying the bayonet that was made for a military rifle you own.

Boolit Master

I find that having the bayonet that goes with my milsurp completes the unit.
    Having the proper sling is also a must for me.
    To each his own.