Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Gun show yesterday

Boolit Master

Gun show yesterday

near Augusta. First table there sat 4 lb bottles of 700x at $30 each. Got them. Directly across was a table of new pistols, the first of which was a KelTec PMR 30. Wanted one for a while and have lots of ammo. Got that. (shoots great BTW!) Down the wall was a leather display. Got a 1/4” thick new belt and a new wallet at good prices. One table had lots of nice A5s, another a bunch of good revolvers. The rest mostly ARs and stuff but all in all a worthwhile trip. No reloading presses and related stuff though, kinda strange.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Your experience was much better than mine.
    My son and I drove over an hour to a gun show in Lebanon, Pa only to find a sign on the door of the exhibition hall at the Lebanon Co. fair grounds that the show was cancelled.
    I believe Eagle Arms was the promoter for the show. Very disappointing.
    They could have at least posted the cancellation on the web site.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Wow! What kind of promoter cancels a gun show and doesn’t post it on their website, that’s garbage! It costs fuel and time to drive an hour to a gun show that has been canceled. The last several gun shows I have been to have been really disappointing. Sounds like you scored tamer !
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Master

Well done! Better than I've had around NW WI in years. I actually just used up the very last of my 700x today.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good score on the 700x!

Nice to hear someone getting decent stuff at a decent price at a gun show. I stopped going to them years ago. They sure seem to have gone downhill here in Michigan.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Good score on the 700x!

Nice to hear someone getting decent stuff at a decent price at a gun show. I stopped going to them years ago. They sure seem to have gone downhill here in Michigan.
    Our local gun show is held twice a year. I go mostly because I know most of the vendors and I like to visit with them. Sometimes I am looking for something specific, but more often I am not. If I don't find the particular gun I am looking for, I just tell one of the dealers what I want and he can usually find it for me.

Boolit Master

The Lee County gun show was this past weekend. I don't even bother to go anymore. It has become dominated by a large dealer in our area. Practically denying any private sellers. Over priced primers and powder with little to no reloading equipment. No reason to pay for parking and an entrance fee for that.

Boolit Master

I went to the gun show in Houghton lake Mi. Yesterday all I bought was a set of pin punches for $15 .
    I did see some good and many high prices on guns , I saw very little powder and no primers.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Congratulations!
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Hi...
    Your experience was much better than mine.
    My son and I drove over an hour to a gun show in Lebanon, Pa only to find a sign on the door of the exhibition hall at the Lebanon Co. fair grounds that the show was cancelled.
    I believe Eagle Arms was the promoter for the show. Very disappointing.
    They could have at least posted the cancellation on the web site.
    don't know about the one you tried to go to, but eagle arms had their lake harmony show over the weekend. been advertising it for a few weeks.
    Barry

Banned

got to admit i never liked 700x. but at that price i would buy all i could find and blast it up in my 9s

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    near Augusta. First table there sat 4 lb bottles of 700x at $30 each. Got them. Directly across was a table of new pistols, the first of which was a KelTec PMR 30. Wanted one for a while and have lots of ammo. Got that. (shoots great BTW!) Down the wall was a leather display. Got a 1/4” thick new belt and a new wallet at good prices. One table had lots of nice A5s, another a bunch of good revolvers. The rest mostly ARs and stuff but all in all a worthwhile trip. No reloading presses and related stuff though, kinda strange.
    You done well!!! New York State dictates have pretty much squnched gun shows in driving range for me... PLUS -- re handguns, I understand that after all the checks, re-checks, and the like it is not unusual to have to wait up to six months before purchased handgun becomes "yours"! Interestingly, at last show I attended there were quite a few semi- pistols, but ZERO revolvers. Again, I'm happy for you!
    geo

Where I live in SE MI, the gun shows don’t start until October and go monthly until April or so .
    I have found a couple small shows that are worth going to and the last show I went to was in Feb. of this year and I had 1 table and over the weekend I sold 11 guns and lots of misc. stuff so I was happy.
    That was the first table I have had in a couple years and it’s funny the majority of table holders have prices on their guns that scare you away , so high I don’t even stop to talk when they ask crazy prices.
    At least half of the guns I sold were to other table holders that must have thought they could resell them at a profit ? It seems if you price your stuff reasonably you do sell enough to make it worthwhile.
    I could not be like some of the table holders that set up multiple tables and spend their whole weekend sitting there and selling utmost nothing It’s just too much work and a waste of your time for me.

I will not go to a show that charges to park on top of the entrance fee. That is to greedy for me, I’m cheap and I have gone to gun shows at fairgrounds where they charge money to enter at the main entrance but have found I can park across the road and walk in to the grounds for free.

Jedman

Just a heads up, when going to or from a show stop at the local pawn shops. The 9s and auto pistols are stupid, just ignore them, the revolvers can be reasonable. I do one way in and another out. Very little time to scan the stuff make a mental note and in 6 months or so if you go back and if something of interest is still there, make a pawn-broker an offer, cash out the door, a pawn operation can not afford to have their cash tied up, turning money is their business.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Just a heads up, when going to or from a show stop at the local pawn shops. The 9s and auto pistols are stupid, just ignore them, the revolvers can be reasonable. I do one way in and another out. Very little time to scan the stuff make a mental note and in 6 months or so if you go back and if something of interest is still there, make a pawn-broker an offer, cash out the door, a pawn operation can not afford to have their cash tied up, turning money is their business.
    I've bought some rifles from pawn shops that way. Walk in about the first of June, and see what they have. EVerybody is worried about fishing and camping during that time, so rifles typically aren't selling. I'd make them a reasonable offer, and if they accepted, fine. If not, I'd move on. More often than not, they accepted my offer.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Bub
    Been setting up at gun shows since 1985. Pretty sure the gun show events are on the way out. Use to be, $15-$20 a table. Motel 6 $25-$30 a night. Cheapest show I can set up at now is $25/table, and a 180 mile round trip, 3 days in a row. Most shows are $55-$60/table, and a few are close to $100, some over. Add $7-$10 parking, and $8-$10 admission, customer has already spent $20 plus gas before getting in. Buying at your LGS is mush cheaper, unless your looking for that one particular item that might have been sitting in someone's basement/garage for 10 years.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    I've looked at those PMR30's but couldn't think of what I'd do with one. Paper puncher just for fun?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    I got a beat up Chiefs Special for under $200 like that. Looked rough but barrel good and still tight. Everyone needs a Glock, those revolvers will sit
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum