WidenersLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornady One Shot

Boolit Master
    well, i have yet to find anything better that redding (formally imperial) case lube. the one shot aerosol might be faster ; but, i doubt it is better

Boolit Buddy
    My advice is to immediately throw away any product labelled as "Hornady One Shot"

If you choose not to do so, you will learn from your mistakes instead of mine.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    well, i have yet to find anything better that redding (formally imperial) case lube. the one shot aerosol might be faster ; but, i doubt it is better
    We are not looking for better, most people that use One Shot are looking for faster because we are loading pistol or revolver rounds by the hundreds at a time.

Boolit Grand Master

If anyone has full cans that they want to throw away I will gladly pay shipping. Better is relative. Would it be my first choice for case forming? No Imperial is my go-to for that application. For doing 223 and 308 on a progressive I haven't found anything that is "better" for my application. My Dillion 650's and 1050's run like Swiss watches when clean. They become unhappy when dirty or gummed up from the various different spray lubs that stay wet and or sticky.

My only issue is the stuff is getting expensive. I got a great deal on 3 cases awhile back. I am down to 4 or 5 cans.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I use Hornady One Shot on brass that has been wet tumbled and is squeaky clean this makes sizing a lot easier. I have used it for .223 cases but if I have hard to size .308 cases I go with Imperial case lube.

Boolit Master
    Used both the spray can and squirt bottle types years ago and they worked as advertised. Finding them was sometimes an issue so went to the HEET/lanolin oil mix and have not bothered with One Shot since then.

Why not just use carbide dies when loading handgun rounds and eliminate the need for case lube ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Why not just use carbide dies when loading handgun rounds and eliminate the need for case lube ?
    I do use carbide dies to load handgun rounds, because of the way One Shot is applied (Spray) it helps with more than resizing. Helps with primer seating, flaring the case mouth with a automatic powder measure, seating the bullet and crimping.

Making everything on a progressive press run easier.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok I'm trying to understand here so for those that say One Shot is trash I'd like to know why? I have zero experience with it and I haven't really had time to reload since I got the One Shot. Work always gets on the way of the fun stuff.

Boolit Mold
    I don't like One Shot because I had a can seal fail and leak schmoo all over my shelf. I've moved on to BrassJuice in the spritz bottle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dearslayer View Post
    Ok I'm trying to understand here so for those that say One Shot is trash I'd like to know why? I have zero experience with it and I haven't really had time to reload since I got the One Shot. Work always gets on the way of the fun stuff.
    I don't know either. Since the early 90s I've never had a problem with it.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire McNutjob View Post
    I don't like One Shot because I had a can seal fail and leak schmoo all over my shelf. I've moved on to BrassJuice in the spritz bottle.
    I don't like spray cans much either. I really like PB'laster but three spray cans in a row went bad after a couple of weeks.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Every time I've ever stuck a case in a die has been with Oneshot. Possibly I didn't wait long enough for it to dry, but with Dillon's pump spray lube there's no need to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Wes View Post
    Make your own case lube :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQn-8hMBHpI
    Works like a charm!
    I haven't tried that yet, but I was gifted some lanolin from a new Mom that wasn't needing it anymore.

I've been using castor oil with 90% alcohol, but I seem to have forgotten the ratio.

I've used my homemade case extractor while using Hornady One Stuck Case lube in the past.

I also recommend dropping a couple glass marbles or whatever is handy in the spray bottle for mixing purposes .
    "Hollow Points"-"From Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12