Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to CCW without a belt ?

Boolit Buddy

how to CCW without a belt ?

I have had a major operation on my belly. I can no longer wear a belt because of operation. A shoulder holster won't work unless you can cover it, which is possible in the summer while wearing a T shirt. anybody got any ideas?
    BD

Boolit Master
    Cargo pants and put it in a pocket.

Boolit Master

Firearm dependent.

I carry a Beretta Tomcat in .32 ACP in a holster designed for the back pocket of Levis. I also carry at time a Bersa Thunder .380 in a leather holster in the front pocket of my summer weight slacks. No belt carry necessary; weight of the beretta in pocket does lend to slight droop in pocket.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Side clip suspenders to support weight of gun and pocket holster in full cut Duluth Trading "middle management" Chinos which have deep pockets.

My EDC is Colt Agent in Mika pocket holster. 21 ozs. Loaded.
    Alternate is an S&W Model 12 Airweight with similar Mike holster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230819_145744~2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	317193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230819_145756~3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	317194
    Last edited by Outpost75; 08-21-2023 at 09:05 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Messed up discs in lower back. Suspenders and jeans a size too big around the waist. I look like Bozo the clown, 6', weigh 175, but I'm 74 and not in a wheel chair. Same problem you have as to concealed carry. My solution is a 11 oz S&W Bodyguard 38 in the right front pocket. An elastic belly band holster might work, but I've not tried one.

Boolit Master
    I sometimes carry my P365 inside the waist band (middle of the back) in a Remora IWB holster with untucked shirt.

Boolit Buddy

Small gun in a pocket holster. Or can you wear a loose hanging fanny pack?

Boolit Master

I wear a desert tan BDU jacket, four pockets. Lower one on the right is my carry pocket. Can accept a Smith snubby or Çolt DS.

Boolit Grand Master
    Pocket holster works for me. Depending on the gun, you might be able to just stuff it in your pocket.

When I carry I carry a NAA Ranger II .22mag 5 shot revolver. It's a break top so easy reload.
    I ordered a nylon holster with it and clip it on the left side of my sweat pants. No belt. Inside the wasteband, its small, light weight. any kind of a shirt or jacket over tshirt covers it perfectly. It also fits easily in trowser pocket or jacket pocket.

For summer its slightly bigger brother the "Earl" with a 4" barrel is in a kydex holster under the seat of my electric scooter I use to walk the dog.
    You can only see it is there from the rear so I wired an old work glove above the holster so the fingers hang down and hide it.

Guy on the other end of our block has a pit bull and a bull terrior of some type. My little pom/chihuahua cross has already been attacked once. A year ago June,the pit bull jumped the fence., Grabbed my dog, tried to shake him, he ran around behind me, wrapping his leash up in my rear wheel tipping me over, then pulled out of his collar. Time I was on my feet the pit bull was inches away and trying to get around me and growling. I hit her in the head 3 times with my fist which she totally ignored. I decided I needed to find something that works better. Whipped off my ball cap and proceeded to give her a hurricaine of whaps from my cap. Which she did not much care for. She looked at my leg and growled but decided she did not want that cap wapping her anymore and walked away. Her boy friend the bull terrior came walking up, strutting, shoulders out. Looked at me, growled. I waved the cap. He decided he did not want it either.

Luckily no blood was shed. Pit bull grabbed mine by the ruff of the neck and I don't think got a good hold. Casey was able to break free and circle around behind me.

If she'd come after me, I'd of pulled my knife and ended her right there, but I did not want to do that if I could avoid it.

Next time she gets no second chances. I see her loose and coming at me and she is dead. Just hope it never happens.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Regarding aggressive dogs: I used to jog 9-10 miles a week and all of my circuits had some number of loose dogs. Most days I wasn’t bothered but they would chase me on occasion. I made a mace out of a 2” ball bearing welded onto a 3’ piece of 1/2” black pipe and carried it in one hand. Had a dobie come at me once and all it took was a light, fast tap on the head with that steel ball to make him squeal and quit the battlefield.

People in cars also started being aggressive so I started carrying my 642 Smith in a pocket of my shorts. It was pretty comfortable to carry.

Boolit Grand Master

An M38 Airweight in a Mika holster disappears in my right front pocket.

”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

https://www.amazon.com/belly-band-ho...y+band+holster
    I hate amazon but this will give you some ideas. For about $20 you can get belly band holster and it works with anything from gym shorts to jeans.

On my shorts/pants that have an elastic waistband (no belt), I CCW my smaller autoloaders inside the waistband using a Techna belt clip, covered by an untucked shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4mTSDuKZw

For heavier handguns, I use a ThunderWear holster that carries the gun inside the front of my pants.( the gun is drawn via pulling the front of the pants away from the body with one hand while the trigger hand draws the gun)

https://www.thunderwearholsters.com/
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Ya might consider a ankle holster.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

My flobus holster works stupendous for carrying the Shield. Also a slip in front pocket holster for my
    hammerless SW 38-SPEC. Lots of ways to carry these days without BELTS.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Suspenders with a clip on IWB.

Boolit Buddy
    I carry a NAA 22mag with speer short barrel ammo in pocket and a .380 on my ankle. (A kahr CW9 as well but it's on belt).

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Galco belly band.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast