Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: 44 mag LBT WFN style

Boolit Bub

44 mag LBT WFN style

Work bought me the new Anaconda for my 20 year anny. Need a mold so I can afford to shoot it. Would like the WFN style so I can hunt with them also. Looking at this one from Accurate,https://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet...ullet=43-250VG
    What do you think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43-250VG-D.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	316330

Boolit Mold
    Your work group sounds like a great company to be associated with... On my 20 year work anniversary, I received a small catalog to select a gift from. I ended up with a blue tooth stereo system. It is awesome though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Ok I'm jealous

Boolit Bub
    Actually they won't buy a firearm for employees anymore, I bought it and they reimbursed me $1500 of price. Got the 8", all told $1650

What made you go 8" over 6"

Lots of fine designs on the Accurate mold site.

From what I understand, the WFNs do need to be pushed hard to stabilize at longer ranges.
    I used to think "maybe", but I always pushed my LBT 260 WFN pretty hard in the 44 anyway. Always seemed OK.

I did design the Accurate 43-280G. Not mentioning it to sell one, or blow my horn, but it does show smaller change in group size between 50 & 100 yds, at least in my guns. It also pushed easy for me, and in a friend's gauged TC it made 26,000 psi over 24 gr of W296. I usually load it at 25 gr W296 where it does 1440 fps in 7.5" Ruger SBH, or 19 gr 2400 for 1315 fps in same gun. 2" 50 yd groups out of my SBH.
    The bullet was designed w/ less that maximum nose length to fit a variety of guns. Still "long" at 1.69-1.70".

Me, I like the heavier bullets in revolvers, they always shot better.

I do shoot lighter bullets, gut it's always more work to shoot as well. In my experience.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    What made you go 8" over 6"
    Getting old, sight radius

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnipEaterDown View Post
    I did design the Accurate 43-280G. Not mentioning it to sell one, or blow my horn, but it does show smaller change in group size between 50 & 100 yds, at least in my guns. It also pushed easy for me, and in a friend's gauged TC it made 26,000 psi over 24 gr of W296. I usually load it at 25 gr W296 where it does 1440 fps in 7.5" Ruger SBH, or 19 gr 2400 for 1315 fps in same gun. 2" 50 yd groups out of my SBH.
    The bullet was designed w/ less that maximum nose length to fit a variety of guns. Still "long" at 1.69-1.70".

Me, I like the heavier bullets in revolvers, they always shot better.

I do shoot lighter bullets, gut it's always more work to shoot as well. In my experience.
    How about leading with no GC?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by vmthtr View Post
    Work bought me the new Anaconda for my 20 year anny. Need a mold so I can afford to shoot it. Would like the WFN style so I can hunt with them also. Looking at this one from Accurate,https://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet...ullet=43-250VG

That should prove to be an excellent choice for your Anaconda. Congradulations btw.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Bub
    I like the 210 flat nose..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskendziora View Post
    I like the 210 flat nose..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    to light for me

That Boolit will work fine, and it will hit like a Hammer! Do install the Gas Check

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Why has no one asked for pictures of this beautiful revolver?! We must see! I'm dying to get my hands on a 6" model.

How about leading with no GC?
    No leading for me.
    I generally shoot a couple hundred rounds before cleaning "Mr. Wiggly". (My SBH is well used -- 1st barrel forcing cone recut, then recut again, then cylinder face cleaned with a light cut because of pitting, then a new barrel... I stopped counting at 20,000+ rounds. It has some cylinder play now -- hence the nickname.)
    I clean it when rotation starts to get sticky from accumulated lube & combustion debris on the base pin.
    Just 50/50 lube and bullet hardness around 20 BHN. Bullets dropped into water when casting.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Why has no one asked for pictures of this beautiful revolver?! We must see! I'm dying to get my hands on a 6" model.
    Keeps saying unsuccessful upload

Boolit Master
    Keeps saying unsuccessful upload
    It’s probably too big. If you have an iPhone you can select the size of the pic before you upload
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    It’s probably too big. If you have an iPhone you can select the size of the pic before you upload
    ^^^although I take the pic on the iPhone and then email it to my account so I can upload it to my laptop. I hate doing any of that stuff on a tiny iPhone, but hey I'm getting to be an old fart...

edit: when about to email the phone asked for a size selection, I always choose medium and have never had a problem posting them here.
    Last edited by oley55; 07-28-2023 at 10:03 PM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

I have that same style boolit in a 45 and it is really accurate in my 625-3 and 2-5 so there is no reason to believe that it wont be in that Python(drool,drool). It should hit like a runaway freight train! Perfect choice IMHO. Like Randy said, put the gas check on it. It takes a little more time but I think you will be rewarded with better accuracy. My SRH in 44 cal doesn't lead without the GC but the accuracy improves a ton with it. If you can reduce the pic to kb size, it might load. Congrats on a beautiful gun.
    Last edited by murf205; 07-29-2023 at 04:45 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!