Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: New Marlin Parts

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska

New Marlin Parts

I was wondering if Ruger is making everything to spec and if replacement parts are available for older guns. For example the ejector, but what about other parts?

Boolit Mold
    I haven’t tried yet, but I’m very interested to hear the answer to this.

Boolit Buddy
    There are several different sources for ejectors from after market vendors.
    WWG's is one.

No. From the Ruger site:

PRE-RUGER MANUFACTURED RIFLES
    We do not have the parts, equipment, or expertise required to service existing, pre-Ruger, Marlin firearms and we cannot honor any warranty offered by the Remington Outdoor Company. We hope you understand the constraints that limit our ability to service firearms made prior to our acquisition.
    https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/customerService/

So, my understanding is that Ruger has washed their hands completely of any guns bought pre-Ruger. My gunsmith hopes, but isn't certain, any parts being made by Ruger now can be guaranteed to fit in pre-acquisition Marlins (not there, but looking into a new barrel, possibly, at some point).
    -Paul

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    A new barrel is what I was wondering about too. I’m not interested in having a gun serviced by them, just buying parts.

Boolit Grand Master

Good luck with that. Ruger rarely sells parts unless you are looking for 10/22 parts or mags. They do sell a limited amount of drop in parts that don't require any fitting.

https://www.ruger.com/service/partsService.html

https://shopruger.com/Barrels-Muzzle...products/5800/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Midwest Gun Parts and all the standard sources including eBay.

Boolit Master
    I think it would be safe to say Ruger's Lawyers (i.e., liability exposure) have control of their parts situation, they have always wanted them back to fix.

Greg: Plenty of places to buy Marlin Parts online. But I do know that the Ejector is the same as on previous guns. It is one of the things they didn't change for now.

I just went on Ebay to find a "Marlin Bullseye" to inlay into my stock, and Instantly found what I needed for $15 shipped. I looked around a little and there seems to be everything known to man for Marlins there.

I saw a Barrel and Mag Tube assembly? Is that what you are looking for? Ejectors were there also.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 07-29-2023 at 05:14 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    It is my understanding that Ruger did adopt the 'V-thread' for the barrel/receiver that was used to strengthen the .450 Marlin on all their new production so the square thread is gone. The extractor, ejector, loading gate and most of the screws are available online somewhere. Poppert's, Numrich, Ranger Precision, Jack First, others and then there is the auction sites.