Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the large rifle primers???

do you think there will be day when everything is one type of primer ? one primer fits all sort of thing. it would kind of make things easier for everyone. or a standard rifle primer and a standard pistol primer. no large and small for either.

you might have to come up with some differnt powder formulas to make it work. however, it would make things economically and in general easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I have to admit that I haven’t actively hunted since I’ve gotten into muzzle loading. However, I keep thinking about taking a wild hog with one. I’m sure a .69 caliber round ball would work on them. As always, bullet placement is key.
    I'd love it, just learning curve, yep, and also a bit leery of being in knee-deep northwoods snow on a deer on a snowy day....and }click." Still, forefathers must have done something right!
    -Paul

Boolit Master

Getting sufficient energy from/through a smaller cup would be difficult; different mixture compound for the larger cases. To be extreme - Envision a Small Primer in a 50BMG case; or even an artillery or Tank shell. There is a technical driver for the different size primers.

That being said; I had been thinking of sleeving primer pockets on .223/.308/.30-40/30-06 before I settled on Remanufacturing primer for my own use. In the past; I had even postulated sleeving .50BMG pockets for Large Rifle Primers.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    Someone should make adapter sleeves to use small primers in large pockets.

They made small primer 30-30 brass too. It was labeled 30 American. Sold by Federal.
    They did at one time. Some of the old bench rest shooters may have some stashed. The idea was to give a gentle ignition./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Where are the large rifle primers???

Jays in clare michigan had a brick of large pistol, large rifle, and large magnum rifle for $110 each. this is the first i’ve seen those in 3 years. i as expecting a price tag of $154

i picked up a sleeve of smell rifle benchrest federels for $14.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michael.birdsley; 08-18-2023 at 07:55 PM.

Boolit Master

I was fortunate to pick up a Federal#200 Large Primer Brick (1000) earlier this week at the Kalispell Sportman's Ski Haus for $79.99. They limited to na single brick (better than only 100 to 200).
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 08-18-2023 at 02:42 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12