Boolit Bub

MP mold .357-136 Flat round nose for 9mm

Hello Friends:
    Need some load data help for this mold.
    Charge and LOA.
    Thanks
    primerhead

Boolit Buddy
    Some additional information would be helpful. What does the bullet drop at? What powder are you using? I am probably not following but what is a "LOA"?

You do realize there is not data on every bullet made. Sometimes you have to calculate it or find something close. In this case, if it drops close to the 136 grains, which I would be surprised, then Hodgdon has a 135 grain bullet listed so that would get you the powder charges depending on which powder you are using. They list a RN (Round Nose) bullet so OAL doesn't help there. I go to my Lyman book and it shows a 120 grain truncated cone bullet in lead at an OAL of 1.110 and a 147 grain round flat nose at an OAL of 1.058. That should get you in the ballpark and you can find out what your firearm likes. I personally like to start out a bit long and make certain it feeds, chambers and ejects. The shorter you go the more pressure you develop. Stay on the conservative side and work up and you will be fine. Hope this helps.

I have some odd weight molds and try to do some math to figure loads out. If I know what a 120 takes for a certain powder and a 147 for the same powder, then I can get close by figuring out what that powder amount is per grain of bullet. Then it becomes a simple math lesson. Again, start low. I started one so low one time that it wouldn't cycle so I wasn't getting into pressure problems that was for sure.

I cast/shoot the hp version of that bullet. With my 8/9bhn range scrap alloy they come out +/- 125gr. & I pc them and then size them to .358".

The oal of the reloads is 1.130".

Any powder will work for blammo ammo range fodder. When I want to get serous with that bullet I use 5.0gr of wst.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Every reloader needs to understand OAL. It is ALWAYS bullet & barrel gun specific. What max oal that works in a Glock may not in a CZ or Sig. That OAL will thus affect your max powder charge. There are no simple answers or short cuts. The various reloading manuals are simple guides. You need to start at the bottom & max OAL for YOUR gun & work it up.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol