Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shot a full auto today!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve never fired full auto except with an M60, just to qualify that I could use one when in the military. It must be a hoot to shoot one without a bipod or something to stabilize you. I don’t think I would use full auto for home defense, if I had it except maybe for the psychological effect.

A friend once filled down the sear pin on a 222 Bushmaster, but I never got the chance to try it.
    Glad you enjoyed it. If I could, I would do the same.

Boolit Buddy
    The Ma 2 was the best as long as you didn't have to move it or a lot of it's ammo. I was a 60 gunner so not much interested in shooting one again. They all are easier when there are no POP UP SHOOT BACK TARGETS.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I’ve never fired full auto except with an M60, just to qualify that I could use one when in the military. It must be a hoot to shoot one without a bipod or something to stabilize you. I don’t think I would use full auto for home defense, if I had it except maybe for the psychological effect.

A friend once filled down the sear pin on a 222 Bushmaster, but I never got the chance to try it.
    Glad you enjoyed it. If I could, I would do the same.
    In the design of full-auto firearms, it is essential to provide an interruptor to stop the weapon from cycling when the trigger is released. Otherwise, every shot will be a mag dump.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Bub
    Ive carried a Thompson M1A, Ruger mini 14 with a factory folding stock, a Steyr AUG and a Madesen carbine on patrol .all fun guns

Boolit Bub
    I shot a lot in the service. When we took kids to Disney, there was a shop in Orlando that hadd gthem. Took the kid and picked the MP5 also. Guy was explaining how to load and fire, kept looking at me, I'm like, the boy is gonna shoot it. The guy was like,"im not sure thats a good idea", I explained that he shot 600 prairie dogs this summer, guy said "good enough for me" and let the boy shoot it, he was 11.

Quote Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
    Fun...isn`t it! but the "mystique" wears off quickly. mine just sit now waiting for the day if i ever need the $ for them.
    I sold my M16 and S&W 76 for the down payment for my house. I can never replace them but I like the house better.
    Still have enough full auto guns to satisfy the itch, though.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Oh yeah, rock and roll. The first half of the 23 years I was in the Army, I was an Aircraft Armament mechanic. First tour in VN was enlightening as I flew as armorer/door gunner as we couldn't afford the weight of both. M-60 free gun (hung from a bungi cord from the UH-1C ceiling". In a Gun Platoon (armed UH-1s). Sometimes 3-4K rounds a night if heavy contact. Lots of play toys. Full auto M-14s which are fun if your M-60's down. Just lay forend in corner of door, place boot on top and "burp" 20 round mags. Foot on top as otherwise it will climb into blade on a bank. The wooden handguards will burn. Always something new to try. M-16s, M1A1 Thompsons, MAT-49s, Swedish Ks, M-3s and M2 Carbines and M-79s for "plinking" at hooches. AKs and SKs for fooling around.
    2nd tour was even more interesting. I was boss of the Armament shop in a Cobra unit. Got to do all the test fires when the aircraft came out of phase maintenance. 7.62 mini guns and 40mm grenade launchers. Only problem was the effort to reload 350 grenades and 4,000 rounds of 7.62mm but I fired my share. Then, I was tasked to support the battalion "Nighthawk". UH-1H with a door mounted mini and a Zeon search light. About once a week I'd rework the gun and feeders and go up and test fire. Mini gun with spade grips is fun, kinda like squirting a fire hose with the tracers as water. Carried two 4,000 round drums on it. I'd take out a new gunner, show him how to fire maybe 1,000 rounds and sit back and watch him work out. Muzzle flash was blinding until we got flash surpressors.
    But it was taxpayer ammo and I enjoyed every round of it.
    I do regret leaving a mint MG34 behind that I never got to fire.
    You can't have it all but I did make it back more or less in one piece and had a lot of experiences./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Oh yeah, rock and roll. The first half of the 23 years I was in the Army, I was an Aircraft Armament mechanic. First tour in VN was enlightening as I flew as armorer/door gunner as we couldn't afford the weight of both. M-60 free gun (hung from a bungi cord from the UH-1C ceiling". In a Gun Platoon (armed UH-1s). Sometimes 3-4K rounds a night if heavy contact. Lots of play toys. Full auto M-14s which are fun if your M-60's down. Just lay forend in corner of door, place boot on top and "burp" 20 round mags. Foot on top as otherwise it will climb into blade on a bank. The wooden handguards will burn. Always something new to try. M-16s, M1A1 Thompsons, MAT-49s, Swedish Ks, M-3s and M2 Carbines and M-79s for "plinking" at hooches. AKs and SKs for fooling around.
    2nd tour was even more interesting. I was boss of the Armament shop in a Cobra unit. Got to do all the test fires when the aircraft came out of phase maintenance. 7.62 mini guns and 40mm grenade launchers. Only problem was the effort to reload 350 grenades and 4,000 rounds of 7.62mm but I fired my share. Then, I was tasked to support the battalion "Nighthawk". UH-1H with a door mounted mini and a Zeon search light. About once a week I'd rework the gun and feeders and go up and test fire. Mini gun with spade grips is fun, kinda like squirting a fire hose with the tracers as water. Carried two 4,000 round drums on it. I'd take out a new gunner, show him how to fire maybe 1,000 rounds and sit back and watch him work out. Muzzle flash was blinding until we got flash surpressors.
    But it was taxpayer ammo and I enjoyed every round of it.
    I do regret leaving a mint MG34 behind that I never got to fire.
    You can't have it all but I did make it back more or less in one piece and had a lot of experiences./beagle
    Interesting, glad you made it back and thank you for your service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123