Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: cell phone

Would love to get rid of the leash. 10 more months and I retire and the leash will be no more
    Oh bother said pooh, as he chambered another round.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    If it’s a real problem, can’t you change your number? Of course there’s always the hassle of giving the new one to those who you want to have it.

I’ve gotten tired of all the gmail alerts. I’ve started spamming them. Can you do that with cell phone numbers.
    I like my cell phone number too much, and It's hooked up to almost anything I do online for authentication. I may change my number but it's only a matter of time that It gets leaked again and everything is back to square one. I've memorized my old person persona by heart and I instantly break out of character and tell them to get a real job instead.

Boolit Master
    I retired 13 years ago and was on call 24 7 365. I can't begin to tell you how good it felt that last afternoon when I turned in my keys and phone. For the first 5 years I pretty much went into hiding not using any phone. Gradually I started sharing my wifes phone for the kids and grandkids. I have my own iphone 12 now and wouldn't be without it. I only answer the phone or text if its a family member or friend. The free aps are incredible.

Boolit Master
    I saw this study from the big technical university in Australia that said putting the latest greatest cell phone up to your ear and talking a lot has a very similar effect as putting your head in a microwave oven, yeah, just what I need

I view a cell phone much the way as any other tool I may need. I don't know too many people these days who still have a land line phone, but I understand the various reasons why some do. I guess the reasons for owning one vary as much as the selection of phones available, and that's a ton of them.

I guess the biggest down side to cell phones, are people more and more losing the art of conversation. Okay, so not everyone is a people person and prefer to be left alone. And that's okay to, each to their own. It's sad when 5-6 friends decide to get together for some quality face to face time, only to end up with 2 of them doing most of the talking, the others are face down in their phone.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I view a cell phone much the way as any other tool I may need. I don't know too many people these days who still have a land line phone, but I understand the various reasons why some do. I guess the reasons for owning one vary as much as the selection of phones available, and that's a ton of them.

I guess the biggest down side to cell phones, are people more and more losing the art of conversation. Okay, so not everyone is a people person and prefer to be left alone. And that's okay to, each to their own. It's sad when 5-6 friends decide to get together for some quality face to face time, only to end up with 2 of them doing most of the talking, the others are face down in their phone.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

For me a land line was getting to high price to have one and being on fixed income from being disable it is not easy . Also like said there is no pay phones anymore that I had used in the past. It is not one like to have one but need one , one thing about it if there is calls you do not want , just block them.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Murphy
    My mom had a rule for family gatherings. ALL cell phones wet in the basket by the door, only exception was for on call phones, and get caught using that for personal use and get the punishment. Brak the rule and do all dishes by hand... for 50+ people! 2 of my nieces learned the hard way...

I hate talking on the phone, I hate texting even more LOL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234