WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32-20 brass

Boolit Master

32-20 brass

The latest Dillon ad had 32-20 Starline brass at$49 per 100, they got a little cheaper the more quantity you buy. Jus thought I always see on here about no availability.

The Dillon site says "Backorder" and the Starline site will not allow any back orders or orders because none is available.

Boolit Master

Midway has Starline brass in stock today, limit is two packages of 100.

https://www.midwayusa.com/reloading-...%20WCF&cid=670
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    Midway has Starline brass in stock today, limit is two packages of 100.

https://www.midwayusa.com/reloading-...%20WCF&cid=670
    Already gone when I got there to check. This is typical, the farmer throws a small handful of corn out the back door and the 1st chicken that sees it grabs it up and it's Out of Stock again. This is why I buy buy buy when times are good rather than having just enough to get by on hand.

Boolit Master

I got my notification email at 11:36 a.m. and it's gone by 1:00 p.m. I think Starline could risk making a run of it and not have to worry about leftovers.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    It depends how desperate you are. I make .218 Bee from 7.62 Nagant with over 90% success. The .32 would be even easier. The headspace occurs at the shoulder with plenty of rim for extraction. Was just going to recommend Partizan from Powder Valley when I realized there must have been a rush on Russian brass, as well.

Boolit Master
    I suspect that some years ago Starline did make a run of 32-20 ,and had a lot of trouble selling it ......a local shop had huge cartons of 32-20 ,and would dip out a measure of the cases and weight them to get the price....on special for 10c each...........they also had Starline 45/100 cheap which I got a coupla hundred ,despite not having a gun ...still dont, and maybe never will

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    I suspect that some years ago Starline did make a run of 32-20 ,and had a lot of trouble selling it ......a local shop had huge cartons of 32-20 ,and would dip out a measure of the cases and weight them to get the price....on special for 10c each...........they also had Starline 45/100 cheap which I got a coupla hundred ,despite not having a gun ...still dont, and maybe never will
    Starline did just make a run a run of 32-20 a few weeks ago. Absolutely no issue with selling it as they and their distributors were sold out in less than a day.

Boolit Master
    I have to wonder if manufacturers are creating artificial scarcity to drive up prices and demand when they have a corner on the market. It seems the big names are completely out of the uncommon cartridge business leaving it to the small fry. The small fry have limited capacity and are happy to allow a shortage to develop to starve the market driving up prices and demand as buyers panic.
    Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Did somebody other than Midway have 32-20 for sale? The cases I got from Midway weren't in Starline packaging, but were in Midway's generic bulk bags. I assumed Midway had found some New Old Stock in the warehouse.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    Did somebody other than Midway have 32-20 for sale? The cases I got from Midway weren't in Starline packaging, but were in Midway's generic bulk bags. I assumed Midway had found some New Old Stock in the warehouse.
    My guess is midway purchased a run of it as bulk and repackaged it.

Boolit Master

Brass was posted for sale on the ASSRA forum, For/trade section. This was as of 5:00 this A.M.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    I seriously doubt manufacturers would create an artificial shortage . I'm thinking there are lots and lots of people that have a keen interest in shooting sports that buy up everything and anything and manufacturers are so busy cranking out the most sought after stuff the less common stuff doesn't get made. but I'm surely no business tech wizard with secret insider knowledge.
    and the most recent guns made chambered in 32-20 that I know of were the browning 53's made in Japan back in like the 80's or 90's,

Boolit Master
    come to think of it ive seen nearly ever gun and shooting related manufacturer cranking up production of everything, buying new automated machines and building giant new facilities. and if you have noticed starline has less and less stuff on backorder and they are I guess trying to get caught up on inventory after being sold out of everything from the last big politically induced buying frenzy from the public.

32-20, 25-20, 7BR, 6.5br among I'm sure lots of other cases would sell if we could get them.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

True. If Starline did a run of 25-20 it would be gone pronto.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, when it comes to those old oddball cartridges the 1st place most people will look for brass is Starline since that's what they started their business producing. Being a small company that should be able to work well with smaller quantity production runs I would expect they could make more profit selling the oddballs compared to brass that everybody sells. Also there shouldn't be much set up time for production once the tooling is built and tested, which we know they have done because again those old oddballs are what they built their business on.

Starline has messaged me that in the future they will produce 32 WCF brass and assume that 25 WCF will be part of that. I have had 41 Long Colt on order for several years and they have not made any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall View Post
    Starline has messaged me that in the future they will produce 32 WCF brass and assume that 25 WCF will be part of that. I have had 41 Long Colt on order for several years and they have not made any yet.

So how far in the future? at some point, yes but when is the question we all have. Brass is like primers now, just not there any longer but for a small sprinkle now and then.

Boolit Master
    Yeah and the vast majority of the time they (Starline) won't even allow backorders so you can't even get in line. I would think they would use backorders as a way to gauge demand and needed production quantity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast