RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Milsurp for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have an Ishapore 7.62 that has been put in a KBI composite stock. Do any of you have an idea where I might find some original furniture and what it might cost? Thanks, GF.
    I have a Long Branch that was given to me as one of the worst bubba sporter jobs I've ever seen. Complete with a rubber shotgun butt plate mounted upside down. And that was one of the better features of this dude's "sporterization".

I got all the wood and most of the metal from Numrich(Gun Parts Corporation). I had to cut down some of the muzzle end hardware because bubba had sawed off the end of the barrel. But it came out as a reasonablely respectable looking rifle. And shoots as good as I can hold it off-hand. When I miss, it ain't the rifles fault. May have to get it out of the safe today just for the heck of it.

Boolit Master

Found me a Savage No4 Mk1* in very good condition.Made in 1942 and has a nice shiny 2 groove bore. Has the two position rear flip peep sight. Only issue is the stock… it’s been replaced with a synthetic (plastic) one. The rifle feels solid. Hope to post some pics tomorrow. I traded a S&W 642 38 Spl for it, which I only had $250 invested in. I live revolvers, but never took a shine to this little Smith, so I feel good about the trade.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    Found me a Savage No4 Mk1* in very good condition.Made in 1942 and has a nice shiny 2 groove bore. Has the two position rear flip peep sight. Only issue is the stock… it’s been replaced with a synthetic (plastic) one. The rifle feels solid. Hope to post some pics tomorrow. I traded a S&W 642 38 Spl for it, which I only had $250 invested in. I live revolvers, but never took a shine to this little Smith, so I feel good about the trade.
    That Savage is the #4 that I want.
    Back when they were $200 in Shotgun News, I should have got one then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up with one of these in my collection. That smooth action really out shines a Mosins and even some Mausers. I ended up beagling a 311467 to get to .315 for best accuracy. Used 12gr Unique and large magnum pistol primers.

Boolit Master

Another Long Branch No.4 Mk1* with a NZ serial number prefix indicating New Zealand home guard use was in very nice condition. Two groove barrel and a chamber so generous as to suggest a Arisaka gunsmith had run a very large chambering reamer into her soul. That worthless rifle would eat brass on the 2nd loading. Complete head separation with multiple Winchester cases. Some body else owns it today.

Dutch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12