WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M1 carbine

Boolit Buddy
    I made up Power Pistol cast load that cycled the M1 and shot prety accurately if you want a reduced load. Otherwise its W296 or 2400. For 296 I like 15gr under the 110 gran lee cast, I think its 1 gr under listed proper orginal W296 load.

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Master

I will add that my particular carbines (I only had 2, currently down to 1) both shot plainbase boolits very well, with no appreciable leading up of the gas system or bore. I have a castle wrench and have pulled the piston, nothing more than the carbon you get with jacketed. As I understand it though each gun is a rule unto itself where this is concerned. I'm just glad mine is the way it is. With plain base boolits this is pretty cheap shooting.

Boolit Master

Starline brass has 30 Carbine brass in stock again.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

i am looking at an oal of 1.530 to get an ok from my carbine and case guage. the LEE C309-113F will not fit unless this is done. i have not fired these yet. alliant 2400 says 10.8 starting. what do you think?

Boolit Buddy
    I’m no help with the LEE C309-113F, I’ve never been able to get it to run reliably in mine.

2400 is a good powder choice, I used a lot of it in the past.

Lil’Gun is what I’m using now, after running out of 2400.

Ive had excellent results with Lil’Gun with 110gr FMJ, 110gr Plated and 115-125gr Cast.
    I use gaschecked version of the Lyman 311008 from NOE (311-122-FN-J4) & a heavier PlainBased version (125gr) 311008 copy from Arsenal molds.
    Last edited by Wheelgun; 02-19-2024 at 12:56 AM.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Quote Originally Posted by good boy View Post
    i am looking at an oal of 1.530 to get an ok from my carbine and case guage. the LEE C309-113F will not fit unless this is done. i have not fired these yet. alliant 2400 says 10.8 starting. what do you think?
    Here's a sheet from my load log, the bullet, o.a.l. (1.560"), and load in question is boxed in red-

This is what the Lee bullets look like loaded to the length in my load log-

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    I use Hornaday half jacketed bullets and IMR 4227

i have a pound of little gun but have not opened it yet, been concentrating on cast 9mm and cast 45acp. this has gone ok so far. trying many oals but not going too far from the book suggestions especially on the 9mm

very interesting, only used power pistol for 9mm and 45acp, how did you even start to try this...

mine chamber but stick up in case gauge till i take it down to 1.530

i do use the hornaday gas checks, but am going to experiment with pop can metal. made a punch to make it fit the bullet base. but super glue it to the base of the bullet. thought maybe best to use something. i like to try new things but need to stick with what works till all is good. i see there is a guy that shoots without any at lower velocities. interesting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12