Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: A great day plinking--it's been YEARS

A great day plinking--it's been YEARS

15 years ago, during the economic downturn, I sold my home and went back to graduate school. 5 years, zero time to do anything, especially anything shooting related. Then I moved to Long Island, NY for several years to work as a post-doc. You can imagine, Long Island isn't the most firearm friendly state in the union.

These past years, I picked up a couple firearms. Not a huge collection--but a couple good "usin' guns". I bought this Ruger I think 5 years ago. Quick spraypaint camo job and spray-painted fabric scope cover (sort of a spray paint "tye dye" technique), a little epoxy bedding. Then it sat there. Not a shot fired. Today, I got a chance to take her out. Didn't see anything in the woodchuck department, but this propane cylinder was a good stand in. 5 at 50 yards and 5 at 100 yards. That .22 WMR is a mean dude. First one I ever owned. Love this thing. It's a lot of firepower for the $300 I gave for it.

Anyway, what a way to spend a nice summer day. Down time I desperately needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230716_110237-min.jpg  
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Boolit Master

Completely agree about the .22 Mag. Outstanding performance, punches above its weight. I’ve got the Savage semi- auto. And from that paint jobe, you could be a redneck! Looks like some of my fine specimens.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Dr. John: Foot note: Please, explain this whole "Too much of a good thing" concept. Never heard of such...

Pleased you had a good day, burning rounds down range! Always a good day!

Hogtamer: Foot note: Incorrect thinking. You want Old Beezle Bub scared silly of you, because he's afraid you'd take over the joint!
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Buddy
    A little "quiet" time is rejuvenating for sure !!

Great job. I’ve been tossing around the idea of getting a 22wmr. Just not sure what I would use it for considering the ammunition isn’t cheap and it means I’d have to get into another caliber.

Plinking is the most fun you can have with any gun from an M-60 to a single shot .22! I love finding old farm dumps out in the middle of no-where.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

I also have a 22mag rifle. Winchester lever Model 255, a real pleasure to shoot. Never put it on paper but real fun to shoot clays at 50 yards. Trigger needs some work but other than that it’s a real beauty.

Happy you had a chance to shoot a few rounds. I can almost see your smile. Shooting does that to you.

Gotta a bolt rifle in 22wmr, as well as a pistol. Used to pick up ammo at gun show for 4 and some change. I don’t shoot it as much anymore, but it has its place.

I needed to test the one on the bottom for a buddy anyhow so I carried some others to plink with today. The .22s are the most fun for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk