WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Noe 452-232 hp in 45 auto

Noe 452-232 hp in 45 auto

Does anyone use this bullet in 45 auto? If so, what COL are you using? Any good loads? I just bought a RIA 45 commander, and thought I would use this bullet. Thanks in advance for any info!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0186E12E-79A3-449F-845C-BBCB9A72463E.jpg  
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I have shot a lot of these (uncoated) with 5.0 gr. Bullseye at 1.20" OAL. I have shot these through a Kimber Classic, a SIG 220, and a Ruger Blackhawk. Very good shooting bullet but if cast from soft alloy it will not penetrate. I cast some of these in 1/2 COWW+ 1/2 Pure lead and 2% SN and they would not make it through 2 one gallon milk jugs filled with water. They really open up with that big HP and look like bullets in the advertisements. Certainly would be death on jackrabbits. I am planning on casting just COWW with the tin next time. What alloy are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by 6thtexas View Post
    I have shot a lot of these (uncoated) with 5.0 gr. Bullseye at 1.20" OAL. I have shot these through a Kimber Classic, a SIG 220, and a Ruger Blackhawk. Very good shooting bullet but if cast from soft alloy it will not penetrate. I cast some of these in 1/2 COWW+ 1/2 Pure lead and 2% SN and they would not make it through 2 one gallon milk jugs filled with water. They really open up with that big HP and look like bullets in the advertisements. Certainly would be death on jackrabbits. I am planning on casting just COWW with the tin next time. What alloy are you using?
    Same as you. 50/50 +2%. I can’t remember, but I think it came with other pins for smaller options. The mold is out in my garage. I will check tomorrow. I was also going to try some 20:1, on my next batch.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    20:1 expands beautifully! Photo of my results at post 43 in this thread.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...truggles/page3