Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Remington 700 and Timney Trigger

Boolit Buddy

Remington 700 and Timney Trigger

As of July1, all new 700s will have a Timney trigger installed - a 3-4 pound non-adjustable Timney trigger. Evidently, the Bud Light marketing crew has moved on to other triggers. Why would Timney ever get sucked into the mud with such a move?

"Remington firearms has joined forces with Timney Triggers and now all newly manufactured Remington Model 700 rifles will come with a factory-installed Timney trigger. There are three different versions of the Timney trigger we offer:
    Impact 700 Trigger – All Model 700s except for the Alpha 1 and Police.
    Elite Hunter Straight Trigger – Model 700 Alpha 1
    Elite Hunter Curved Trigger – Model 700 Police"

Doesn't seem like a big loss to me though: the important thing is that the Timney is removable and can be replaced with something better_
    I bought a Timney for K98, and was not in the least impressed with its single stage. I had better results on the 98 by copying the lightened double stage of a vz24 sniper, made by some unknown mil. gunsmith.
    I have a pre mark-x-pro 700: I managed to tamper the factory-sealed trigger, making it definitely more manageable, but to have something really fine and safe I didn't buy a Timney again, not even a racing Jewell, but I sent the original to a local Wiz., who converted it a righteous three-lever_this at the same cost of a Timney, not of a BR Jewell_
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    They still make there other triggers, don’t they?

Ive had a Timney three way on my 700ADL in 6mm for over 35 years; flawless. Self-installed and set at 2.5-3 lbs as I remember. Deadly.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    As of July1, all new 700s will have a Timney trigger installed - a 3-4 pound non-adjustable Timney trigger. Evidently, the Bud Light marketing crew has moved on to other triggers. Why would Timney ever get sucked into the mud with such a move?
    Simple: Timney wants to sell more triggers and the 700 is a popular rifle. Whether or not the quality comes back is anybody's guess.
    Last edited by JSnover; 07-08-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cast10 View Post
    Ive had a Timney three way on my 700ADL in 6mm for over 35 years; flawless. Self-installed and set at 2.5-3 lbs as I remember. Deadly.
    I bought my BDL (used) back in the 90s, put a Timney in last year and wished I'd done in 25 years ago.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

After Kipplinger ceased production, I started using Jard Triggers for the 700. They make a 4oz x 3 pound single set in the USA same as the Kipplinger that I have used for decades.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

I’ve replaced every Remington trigger on my 700’s with Timney’s would not hesitate to do another, they work as advertised .