Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlin 39a sight thiughts

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by 7br View Post
    Well, I went with the Skinner rear. Gotta tje range to sight it in. The groups are 5 shots, from a rest at 25 yards. Man, this is a fun rifle.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Looks like you have a winner,good job.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    In over a century, no-one's made a better .22 lever. Enjoy!
    That's a fact!!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Buddy
    A few years ago I bought a 39a Mountie carbine (straight stock, rounded lever, 20" barrel) and then after a while mounted a Williams side mount receiver sight w/ the target adjustable knobs. Front factory sight still worked and just removed the rear factory leaf sight which was not the folding type. Great combination. Gun was already drilled for the side mount (I think most were from the '50s to sometime in the early '90s).

Boolit Master
    Lots of good advice here, and results are good. I’ll just add an anecdote. I was visited by my two youngest granddaughters, who shot my M39A off the back deck at 50 feet targets. Their 10 shot groups are in line with yours. 7th and 9th graders. Keeping the shooting sports alive - I have let them shoot a different rifle each year, when they visit in the summer. They went back to Texas 3 days ago, sadly.
    The Marlin has buckhorn rear and ring front sight; I bought it from a friend years ago and don’t know where the front sight originated.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    That's a fact!!
    It is indeed. My '57 39A is very accurate. Irons and all.

Boolit Master
    Mounted a Lyman all steel receiver sight on my 39A and replaced the front bead with a now long discontinued Redfield Sourdough blade. Accurate and worked well for older eyes. Don't have it anymore, left handed older son talked me out of it.

Boolit Buddy
    I often read about the quality and accuracy of the Marlin 39a rifles. I picked up an early 60’s Mountie at an auction sight unseen for a very reasonable price. It had a floppy lever that luckily turned out to be an easy fix. Once I cleared all the built up gunk in the receiver I took it to the range. It only has the issue barrel mounted sights, but the accuracy was very impressive. I would like a steel Lyman for it but they are rare and even rarer over here.

Just keep an eye out on Ebay. The one you want is a 66 MC They show up from time to time so You've got to be patient. Also you'll probably have to pay extra for shipping to AUS. but I assure you it will be worth the wait.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12