Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: will a 17 HNR barrel fit on a NEF 22 lr frame?

Boolit Grand Master

will a 17 HNR barrel fit on a NEF 22 lr frame?

I have a hankering to dip an oar into the 17 HMR waters but don't really want to spend the money to buy another gun. However, I saw a barrel for sale a while back, and it set my mind a whirring. Anybody else have sucess in this endeavor?
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of the 22 Mag Ultra guns and a 17HRM barrel I bought on e-bay did fit along with a 17 Mach 2 barrel also. Be aware that H&R's are not like Contenders and may require a little fitting to make the gun lock up.
    And, the 17 HRM barrel will also fit on a center fire frame. Bought another 17 caliber barrel to mate to one of mine to make a 17 Ackley Bee!!! Just a re-chambering required.

Don't take out a mortgage to get into a .17 HMR. My own experiment was very short-lived because they are awfully loud for such a tiny cartridge. Had the rifle on loan. It went back after just one box of ammo. You may have the same reaction.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Don't take out a mortgage to get into a .17 HMR. My own experiment was very short-lived because they are awfully loud for such a tiny cartridge. Had the rifle on loan. It went back after just one box of ammo. You may have the same reaction.
    It's a pity you folks have this issue with suppressors. It would take so little to suppress an HMR or a Mach 2.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Grand Master
    You are right, 303Guy. Just another silly (harmful) restriction generally supported by Boobous Americonous (generally undereducated and under-experienced folks)