MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The passing of a dog

Boolit Buddy
    I am very sorry for your loss...................Curdog

Moderator Emeritus

Martin, I cant begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. You know that they are not "just a dog"... they are family and they do steal your heart! And I believe that they will be there waiting on us when we pass! God bless you and keep doggie daughter alive in your heart!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Martin, I cant begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. You know that they are not "just a dog"... they are family and they do steal your heart! And I believe that they will be there waiting on us when we pass! God bless you and keep doggie daughter alive in your heart!
    I sure hope you're right. If they're not, I'm not going.

A pain like no other, losing these friends. Bless the both of you for sharing such a love-filled life together, Martin. I like to think they go on running boundless fields at play.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you heal well and soon.
    -Paul

Boolit Master
    It is life and when you and canine join in a pack, you know most likely the dog members will not out live you. Two of mine are at past the 10 year old mark and I know for that breed that 12-16 years is the max limit on their life spans. Not looking forward to their ends, but it will happen. So the pain of their leaving must be equated with the joy of them having been with you for years.
    I say this as I prepared to let oldest one spend the night inside the house since she has an injury while I put the 6 yr old pup her younger half brother outside with is his mother to guard the place. The mother's eyes show the presence presence of cataracts according to the vet, but she still sees well enough to have picked herself a large soft ball size orient pear off of a tree today so she could have something to chew on. She snuck it inside the house inside of her huge jaws for concealment because she knew I would take it away from her.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine your pain brother. I have a 4 yr old Aussie and I just read this post as I say goodnight to my girl as she lays beside me . I can't imagine a day or night that she isn't with me. Dogs are truly man's best friend. Stay strong brother .

Respect.

Boolit Buddy
    My condolences on the loss of your pal. I’m too familiar with the pain you’re feeling.

Boolit Master
    She will be buried with my wife and me. I particularly enjoy the story of the man walking down the road with his dog of which he realized had died many years ago. The appearance of heaven and hell. I won’t spoil it. Quite touching.

Boolit Master
    My condolences. It's a horrible thing to go through, but unfortunately inevitable. Remember the times you had with her, and that you'll be reunited someday. I lost mine very recenty too, and he was what kept me going through a lot of things, but I know I'll see him again when its my time to join him. I'm just thankful that I'm the one going through the pain of losing him instead of the other way around.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Buddy
    Just came across this thread. Not to take away from the O/P I would like to offer my heart felt condolences.

Below is the post from another forum that I posted. I feel for you brother.

Chuck40219

July 11 2023
    Lost our pup this afternoon, she was closing in on her 15 birthday. Good girl but favored the wife over me. I do not begrudge either of them. All the other dogs have been mine. I am happy my wife was able to experience the love only a dog can give. We are saying no more animals at this time, with our age the dog or cat would outlive both of us. Can not guarantee we won' t have another one though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lea 2.jpg  
    When I speak of:
    45-70: that is a 45-70 Uberti 1885 High Wall Rifle
    357 Mag. Rifle: that is a Uberti 1873 Carbine

Boolit Master

Just seeing this Bruce. Rosie??? I'm so sorry! I haven't seen you in awhile to tell you, but I'm in the same boat. We lost Fenway the day after Easter. I feel your pain.

Pat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12