Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Item

Boolit Master

Mystery Item

This item was posted on a social media site looking for identification. The vast spectrum of knowledge of this group never ceases to amaze. It appears to be cast iron but I can't guarantee that. It could be some kind of wood. The poster only asked what it was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystery Item.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	315486
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

Warm it by the woodstove then put it on a chair to keep both cheeks warm. Butt Cheek warmer
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Hello!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bkbgibgoi.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	315488
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master

"Rocky Mountain Oyster Ladle"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	331 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	315489
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Looks like the paddle I used as a kid, to Sture the kettle when rendering lard at butchering time ? Got to eat all the chitlings, I could / wanted....

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    Looks like the paddle I used as a kid, to Sture the kettle when rendering lard at butchering time ? Got to eat all the chitlings, I could / wanted....
    Chitlins are made from intestines. Crackling can be made from pork lard or pork rinds.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-28-2023 at 09:14 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Chitlins are made from intestines. Cracking can be made from pork lard or pork rinds.
    You call them what you want..... I call them what grandpa taught me at 5 years old... And the intestines' are sausage chasseing's...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    You call them what you want..... I call them what grandpa taught me at 5 years old...
    No sense in posting incorrect info. I will call them by the correct name.

A quick search shows the correct answer. https://www.bing.com/search?q=what+a...13ecb805ef59be

My gandpa told me the easter bunny was real when I was 5 years old?????????? I later learned the truth.

Never ate chitlins but have made and eaten a lot of cracklings.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...and-cracklings

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pork+c...&ghacc=0&ghpl=
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-28-2023 at 09:13 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I don't have all the answers, I just have lots of questions, next you going to tell me Santa is not real and ruin my whole week

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Pretty obvious . . . . . a spoon for feeding twins at the same time!

Boolit Master
    dont know about the double spoon but the best cracklins I ever had was at comeaux cajun cafe in Lafayette they make em every day fresh in a 6' wide cast iron pot or thats how it was back in late 80's when I happened upon the place.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ha? double egg roaster?

Boolit Master

I suspect there was a corresponding set that fit on top with protrusions that fit the i dent on the handle. Maybe egg poacher.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I'm gonna second the "Mountain Oyster Cooker"...
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Might be some sort of tool for glass blowing.

Boolit Master

Geez, these answers are as bad as the ones on the social media site. One suggestion was testicle holder. Hope I can say that here. So far Bazoo’s seems the most credible answer. No doubt one of my grandparents would have known. Still hoping to know for sure.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

After enduring the world’s slowest website I found out that it’s a Yacouba Double Spoon. It’s a symbol of hospitality in traditional African art. It represents two very distinct universes that are opposite. It’s made of carved wood.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Hey Dave . . . . at least I was half right! I just was wrong on the "twins" part! LOL

I love the "what is it" posts . . . . kind of keeps us old ones from goin' totally senile!

Cool, now we know.

Boolit Master

It's just too much fun makin' stuff up. Gotta' admit the "what is it" guesses are sometimes funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast