Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Come Seeking Guidance and Knowledge: Damp Primers

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    I wouldn’t mix with rice, litter, or anything else that might leave stuff behind. Setting on a paper towel on a cookie sheet either in the sun ...
    +1

Spread them out on a baking tray, and leave them in the sun for a few days.

Boolit Master
    Let ‘em dry out and shoot ‘em they will be fine!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Had friend that lost his shop to fire, fire dept. drenched what was left. The primers in a metal cabinet survived the fire but were wet, dried out they worked.

I was given a carton of old green box CCI primers that been wet. A few in one box had the mixture washed out, the rest of the carton had dried out worked fine.

Really hate that your shop was destroyed. Oil everything metal that you can or throw it in a can of oil as quick as possible, that will preserve it till you can get around to cleaning it up. It takes a while and rust never rests.

Best of luck !
    Dave

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Thank ye, sir! I managed to get my tools, and the loading equipment that was out of the cabinet sprayed with ACF-50 (aviation corrosion control that I think is made from platinum!) and then put in containers and covered with 5W30 motor oil (what I had handy).
    Have been in salvage mode in the shop ever since the 22nd. Sourcing materials to replace the roof (2400 sq/ft!). Is going to be a hot, busy month...
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    I had an old machine gun belt of about 30 rds of 30-06 dated from the early 40's that I decided I wanted to be inert for display. I pulled the boolits and dumped the powder and soaked the primed brass in a bucket of water for two days. After they dried out I decided to try a couple before I reseated the boolits. I cycled them through my bolt action and all but two went bang.
    Oil will do a better job, but I still would not consider the primers to be completely inert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12