Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiocchi primers ?

Boolit Master
    My Lee Auto Prime II specifies what primers to use, and I always use CCI as they are approved for use. Fiocchi primers were not around when the tool was being made so are not referenced in the instructions. Wonder has anyone used them in the Auto Prime II and how they worked.

Boolit Mold
    Fiocchi Munizioni is a very old established Italian ammunition manufacturer based in Lecco, just north of Milan.
    Their products are very high quality and well thought of in Europe.

Boolit Master

I have been using Fiocchi large pistol primers and they are great.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Dose anyone know if the plant they were to build in the US and going yet . They had said that the plant is to supply us with primers for how it is for us to get them. Last year they said they were building a plant.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    Dose anyone know if the plant they were to build in the US and going yet . They had said that the plant is to supply us with primers for how it is for us to get them. Last year they said they were building a plant.
    Was speaking with my local reloading supplier last week, and he brought that exact topic up. He prefers to carry American-made products as much as he can, but he said he will not be stocking the Fiocchi primers after he is through his current stock still on the shelves. "But once they bring that new American plant online, I'll happily stock them again". According to two articles I've just found via a quick Google search, the estimated start date on manufacturing is early 2025. Plant location is in Little Rock, Arkansas.

-Dan

They suck, send them to me for disposal.

Boolit Master

Here's what I don't get; your using a cell phone, computer, tablet, car, washing machine, dryer, stove, and mostly any other thing made in a Foreign Country, but people won't use Foreign Primers. I have used over 10,000 of them without any major problems. I also have 600 Fiocchi's I have not used yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16D565CC-8F1A-4F16-BBD6-316DE612CF86.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	321896

Boolit Master
    ENOUGH! fiocchi primers are just as good as any american premimum primer

Boolit Master

Just loaded 150 Fiocchi's will test them tomorrow, amazingly they loaded just like every other primer, imagine that.

Thanks Dan for the up date of the plant . If one is picky on the primers when they are hard to come by then , why are into loading ammo if they can not get all what is needed to load them. It dose not take much to see how the different make primers will work .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    Thanks Dan for the up date of the plant . If one is picky on the primers when they are hard to come by then , why are into loading ammo if they can not get all what is needed to load them. It dose not take much to see how the different make primers will work .
    I agree, get what you can when you can. I have nothing against Italian primers, or the Ginex imports. LRP and LRPM are scarce in these parts and a friend needed some magnums so I was about to scrounge up 200 or so from a contact with a horde… Anywho, just reciting what I heard from him. His business, his rules. While I do certainly prefer to support American made products, I’ve seen some others on YouTube talking about “White River” primers, a smaller line from an American company, IIRC in Missouri? A google search might turn something up, not sure if they’re selling through retailers or direct only.

-Dan

Boolit Master

White River's stopped selling to individuals and now is selling direct to manufacturers, this is from rumor control.

The Fiocchi's work like a primers for me, tested them last night. I like to reload and shoot, so I use what I can get and adapt. Sorry about my target, but practicing for USPSA match, the fast two at a time, at almost 70's I am not as accurate when I go fast. (shot from a GP100 don't own any semiautomatics, so don't know how they would work)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8EA9509F-4998-4AE0-9009-03AF9CA793F7.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	321949

Boolit Master
    When I was testing primers, specifically Small Pistol primers, I found that they were the weakest of all of them. Fiocchi's worked fine in all of my firearms, on average, they gave the lowest velocity out of 20 different types. This with fast and slower burning powder in 9mm, 38, and 40 S&W. They always went bang, but required a tad more powder to make the same velocity of other primers.

Boolit Master
    I've never tried fiocchi metallic cartridge primers but I sure do like the shotshell stuff they make, would not hesitate to get fiocchi primers. out of all the different brands ive ever got including the imports, like seiller beloit, unix ginex, Tula/wolf, ect. the only brand primers I ever had problem with were a case of winchester small pistol that I got something like 15 0r 20 years ago after they switched from the silver colored primers to the brass colored ones they now offer.

Boolit Buddy

I was wondering about Fiocchi myself, looking for LRP, LPP. While researching I found complaints about their primers being slightly oversized and not fitting. From what I am seeing here, I think maybe I should try them out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12