Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you check competitive prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    , found the same make and model on my Cel Phone, at $250 less , drove by on my way home, paid cash for it and drove the 80" home.
    That reminds me.
    I needed a washing machine one Saturday and went to the big giant Sears store at the local mall.
    I found the one I wanted, and told the guy. He said it would be Wednesday before they could bring it from the warehouse.

I started laughing. The guy asked me what was so funny.
    I told him, "Dude. This is Dallas, Texas. You don't have to wait until Wednesday for anything".

I picked one up somewhere else about a mile away one the way home.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    When you live in the woods, you make do. I buy everything I can locally, keep them in business, but on non available items I buy from good retailers, good and evil bay, used in the same sentence is a non starter. It is like Pay and Pal as a word, we do not do business, ever. Do not care to visit Wally World, but on real rare occasions it is necessary. Like my replacement 4K big screen Samsung, killed by lightning.Went to Best Buy to pick up my new TV, too busy unloading a truck, would not give me my pickup item, after driving 75 miles for the 80" they had sitting on the floor.
    I stood there in their very own store, found the same make and model on my Cel Phone, at $250 less , drove by on my way home, paid cash for it and drove the 80" home. The Best Buy in Destin, may kiss my cheeks, have not shopped or been back, ever, sense that gross stupidity.
    A picture from the theater system test.
    I’m cheap! I look ! Let me tell you a story about “Worst Buy”. Went there before Christmas once. I needed computer memory (ram). Two dingleberries worked back there. I stand at the counter for 30 minutes, leaning on my cane in pain while they talked about their “conquests” 15 feet away. I decided not to break the cane on their heads. On my way to the front I see a bin with software boxes and a $0.10 sign. Bin full of disks for printshop that where supposed to be free with box software “X” purchase. I grabbed 13 & hit the line. I get the slowest cashier, a young Large black woman. I give her $1.50 in quarters. She says they are not for sale. I point out the $0.10 pricetag on them. She repeated herself. I say 13 x 0.10= $1.30. I point out the pricetag, and that Michigan law states the price marked is the price paid. She calls manager. He repeated every thing she said. I repeated myself for the bozo in the suit. He threatened to call the police on me for trying to make a legal purchase in his store! Not happy. Went home. Called up corporate office and told them the story. Instead of “the customer is always right”, I got insulted by the corporate monkey as well. I refuse to shop there anymore and share my experience with others. Evidently they only hire brown puckered holes from the south end of a northbound donkey!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Shopping around was how I bought my 1st NOE mould . I found a great deal on a 7mm mould and RCBS 150 class and it was on sale for like $69 . $28 in shipping made it $97 and a couple of competitors had it regular price with freight at like 95-98 ....... spent $112 and got a 5C and as luck would have it a bullet that worked . Not even close in shape of course but at that time I was just happy to have a 7mm mould .

I shop stuff to death sometimes. I sometimes spend the extra money on something local because it's here , it's less after I pay shipping, or I want/need it today .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12