Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
I bought 1# of the copper. It will shake & bake but use parchment paper under the bases or put them on their sides. it tends to stick your bare metal ime. Mixing it with other colors from smoke helps.
I repurposed one of my old dry tumblers as a powder coater. True enough just shaking works, I did it that way for awhile, but I will never dry tumble again and the thing was just sitting there. Then I saw someone else had started using theirs for powder coating. And it does work really well. Try tumblers can probably be had cheap on Ebay since everybody wet tumbles now.

Partially because I am color blind, and partially because I consider powder coating to be functional only except for the copper or clear, my powder coat tumbler gets whatever color is in the most empty container so I can save space. Right now that container is a mix of two other mostly empty containers. I still hand tumble when I need the two special colors.

Side note - when I buy bullets from Missouri Bullet Company instead of making my own, they have a nice even powder coat over the entire bullet with no blemishes or other marks. I can't figure out how they do that. Mine have little bare spots where the bullet was sitting on the wire in the toaster oven, which actually doesn't matter, but theirs are perfect. How?