Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: NOE bullet sizing equipment

Boolit Master

NOE bullet sizing equipment

I am a little confused about this company offerings as to their bullet sizing. First they sell sizing bushings. They sell an adapter for the Lee APP press and an adapter for the Star Lubrisizer. Will their bushings work in the Lee made Breech lock that is made by Lee for the APP press?
    Will the same bushings work in both their Lee and their Star adapter?
    I have both a Star and an APP press and was wondering which works best.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I don’t think so. You need the bushing holder to put the bushings in. Maybe that’s what’s now called an adapter. What I am calling the holder screws into standard presses. You will also need a push rod appropriate for the caliber. I think they are now selling kits. I have no experience with lubrisizers. The NOE system is great. I highly recommend it as well as their case mouth flaring tools.

Boolit Buddy

The same bushings work in whatever application you want to use. The Star adapter is just a sleeve, that the NOE bushing slides into and then the whole assembly goes in the sizing die hole in the Star press. There is no lubrication ability with this system, as it has no holes, it's made only for push-through sizing.

I'm not familiar with the Lee APP press, but the original configuration for using the NOE sizing system was to buy one body die, that fits in any 7/8x14 die hole, then the bushings interchange in that die body. I don't know how that applies to the APP, but if NOE sells an adapter especially for that press, I'd say they've done their homework and it should work fine.

Good luck!
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Boolit Master

I like using the star adapter with there sizing dies! It allows me to size my deep powder coated HP's without deforming the noses. The sizing dies are shorter than the full size star dies allowing the bullets to fall without needing the other bullet to push it out.