MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: 1911 Bull barrel

1911 Bull barrel

I'm looking for measurements on the bull part of a 1911 bull barrel. I need the OD and length of the "bull part". I would prefer if measurements came form a Gov't model 5" size

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Kimber full size with a bull barrel , they don't use a barrel nut like the US issue does would those measurements do you any good ?

Boolit Master
    Ruger SR1911 10mm 5” barrel.
    The “Bull” part is a straight taper from the muzzle to near the front of the chamber.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1509.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	315157
    I measured the muzzle end with the 0-1 mic and hence the 4th significant figure.
    I also measured the inside of the slide where the bushing would be in a normal setup and found it is tapered to match.
    In case you can’t read my scribbling in the pic, 0.577”-0.6977”.
    Last edited by shooting on a shoestring; 06-18-2023 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Improvement
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Thanx for the measurements and pic.
    Here is what I'm wanting to do: I have a 5" slide and after a 10 month wait, finally got a suppressor. I want to get a 6" bull barrel and thread it .625"-24, and use it in the 5" slide. I don't like the oddball threading that is normal on a 1911 barrel - .578"-24. I'm hoping the bull portion of the barrel will be at least 1.5" before it starts to taper. I can set up the slide for bull/bushingless.
    I don't know if there are any 6" bull barrels out there that go 1.5" before the taper starts. If the OD is .7" I'm in good shape for threading it .625".

This has nothing to do with your question, but your avatar picture looks just like our little Papillon we had. She was with us for 18 years and what a joy she was. She has been gone over 10 years now but my wife still calls her name when talking to our other pups. We sure do miss her.

Paps are great dogs!! The avatar is our 4th. Most go better than 16 years with us. Tetley will be 12 next month.

I've got an uncontoured barrel coming from Fusion. .7" OD, so I should be able to make that work.