Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cutoff for the rapture.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    When you see the big picture of any word you will better understand the heart of the Author.
    Who is the Author?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Who is the Author?
    Who? Goodness man, I don't play pointless wise guy games.

Boolit Buddy

Who? Goodness man, I don't play pointless wise guy games.
    No need to get your hackles up...
    I was simply trying to open the door for you to explain your take on how to study the bible and discern scripture (Not Pointless Wise guy games as much as Deep Theological discussion) keeping in mind that the Holy Spirit is the Author. It was more of a rhetorical question in that I think you know that scripture is GOD breathed.

It appears you are to sensitive to offer a mature response so I will take a shot.

I think it is important to understand how words were used within the time period and the vernacular of the times written. (use of Strong's etc.)

Then take that understanding and compare scripture with scripture to put context to the message being taught, because the the Word never contradicts itself. At times it may appear that certain verses are in conflict with others... but with diligent and earnest study that fog goes away.

Finally and most importantly The Author of all scripture lives on the inside of every born again saved person.
    The Holy Spirit doesn't need to look up the meaning and context of words... He wrote it! That is why I say "most importantly" Look inward and trust the helper.

Bible study is a lot like long-range shooting... you have to get quiet behind the rifle to get the desired results.

John 14:26
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27
    27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2 Timothy 3:16
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

We grow in the word and word grows within us.
    Read it and study it again and again and again.

Boolit Master
    No need to get your hackles up...
    Trust me, both of my hackles are lying at peace.

I was simply trying to open the door for you to explain your take on how to study the bible and discern scripture (Not Pointless Wise guy games ....
    So... you asked me a sarcastic question, "who is the author" (of scripture), supposedly so I might once again explain to you how I study the Bible? Well, you're a bright guy but you say you already know who the author of the original scriptures so perhaps you will now forgive me when I say I don't quite believe your wounded heart word game motive.

... keeping in mind that the Holy Spirit is the Author. It was more of a rhetorical question in that I think you know that scripture is GOD breathed.
    Yeah, I think you're right.

I'm sure you want us to "believe" you meant all that with your who's the author post but...well. However, in pursuit of site peace, I'll concede that you're probably smarter, more mature and understand much more about scripture than me but my aged hackles are not yet gullible enough to allow me to swallow your defense as stated!

It's my bedtime, hope you and your's have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!

Boolit Buddy

Trust me, both of my hackles are lying at peace.

So... you asked me a sarcastic question, "who is the author" (of scripture), supposedly so I might once again explain to you how I study the Bible? Well, you're a bright guy but you say you already know who the author of the original scriptures so perhaps you will now forgive me when I say I don't quite believe your wounded heart word game motive.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I'm sure you want us to "believe" you meant all that with your who's the author post but...well. However, in pursuit of site peace, I'll concede that you're probably smarter, more mature and understand much more about scripture than me but my aged hackles are not yet gullible enough to allow me to swallow your defense as stated!

It's my bedtime, hope you and your's have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!
    Sorry you feel that way

Just to venture back to the original point of this topic for a moment, the globgov devil worshiping freaks are calling for everyone to be issued a universal digital identification for your soon to be cashless "money". And they aren't being bashful about saying it's for bringing about complete control, creating the support mechanisms for the implementation of the devilish mark. So how does figure into where yall think a cutoff is?
    https://www.planet-today.com/2023/06...worldwide.html

Personally I just think it's plum amazing to see prophecy coming to pass, wham-bam-bam, point after point after point. Used to be it was a long time in between events you could point to but now... Now events are speeding up, happening faster and faster. And even that's a fulfillment of prophesy of its own self. What a time to be alive, to be able to see the words of the Old and New Testaments coming to life before our eyes.
    So, how far do yall (pre-trib rapture adherents) expect this to go?

Boolit Master
    Sorry you feel that way
    So, you're "Sorry" ... sorry about what?

I've tried for a week to figure what you mean with that line but I give up ... what "way" do you think is "that way?", and what "hackles" are you referring too? I mean, are you sorry that I (again) disagree with you without being even slightly offended by your (once again unstated) position? If so, trust me my friend, my hackles are at peace.

For the record, I believe that taking personal offense about opposing doctrine is unbiblical, usually quite petty and certainly spiritually immature; it's just not the way I chose to feel about other people.

I'm hoping you have a very good day sir!

Boolit Master
    "Much of Scripture is metaphor or allegory"???

How much is "Much"? 50-60%

Much? I think not. Some folks push that idea so that they can tell you what "certain scripture" means and how it fits their (sometimes false) doctrine.

I think maybe the word your looking for is parables, ....

No, I meant what I said. "Metaphors" are words and phrases that convey even more meaning than their literal meaning; parables don't do that. For instance:

1. Lily of the Valley refers to the beauty of Lord Jesus.
    2. Bright Morning Star isn't about a star, it's about Jesus.
    3. Cornerstone isn't about a square rock, it's about Jesus.
    4. Living Waters isn't about a river, it's about Jesus.
    5. Rock of Ages isn't about a rock, it's about eternal Jesus.
    6. Good Shepherd isn't about herding, it's about Jesus.
    7. Lion of Judah isn't about a lion, it's about Jesus.
    8. Word of God isn't about a dictionary, it's about jesus.

Well ... there are many, many others but I'm sure you get my point.

In spite of its many (but spiritually trivial) errors, the beloved KJV was and remains the most common Bible in the English speaking world. Everyone knows about that but few people know King James was Scottish and his three teams of translating Scots were mostly Calvinist/Presbyterian. (Seems that solid theological foundation DID affect the translators at least a little bit!)

Many of the KJV translators finished their work, went home and continued to preach from their favorite older translations; Geneva, Wickliff, Bishop's, etc., so it appears even they didn't think they had finally accomplished the penultimate English Bible.

Reference my frequent use of "some", "many", "most", etc., that's the way history writers commonly put it and, since I wasn't there at the time, I can do no better. It seems that most writers skip right over the specific names and exact numbers of people involved in events at different times in the flow of history. I wonder why the experts so consistently hide critical historical information some folk think they see in that?

Boolit Buddy

No, I meant what I said. "Metaphors" are words and phrases that convey even more meaning than their literal meaning; parables don't do that. For instance:

1. Lily of the Valley refers to the beauty of Lord Jesus.
    2. Bright Morning Star isn't about a star, it's about Jesus.
    3. Cornerstone isn't about a square rock, it's about Jesus.
    4. Living Waters isn't about a river, it's about Jesus.
    5. Rock of Ages isn't about a rock, it's about eternal Jesus.
    6. Good Shepherd isn't about herding, it's about Jesus.
    7. Lion of Judah isn't about a lion, it's about Jesus.
    8. Word of God isn't about a dictionary, it's about jesus.

Well ... there are many, many others but I'm sure you get my point.

In spite of its many (but spiritually trivial) errors, the beloved KJV was and remains the most common Bible in the English speaking world. Everyone knows about that but few people know King James was Scottish and his three teams of translating Scots were mostly Calvinist/Presbyterian. (Seems that solid theological foundation DID affect the translators at least a little bit!)

Many of the KJV translators finished their work, went home and continued to preach from their favorite older translations; Geneva, Wickliff, Bishop's, etc., so it appears even they didn't think they had finally accomplished the penultimate English Bible. Is this a Wikipedia fact?
    What is your source that MANY of the translators had no confidence in their years of work and went back to their old versions to preach from?
    I am sure that you can provide a list of said scholars so that it can be fact checked... unless it is of course just more of your made up dribble or...

"I'm sure those errors aren't YOUR'S, you're just quoting misleading men" (by the way that is your quote)

Reference my frequent use of "some", "many", "most", etc., that's the way history writers commonly put it and, since I wasn't there at the time, I can do no better. It seems that most writers skip right over the specific names and exact numbers of people involved in events at different times in the flow of history. I wonder why the experts so consistently hide critical historical information some folk think they see in that?

There is no doubt very suitable metaphors in God's word

For example:

Proverbs 26:11
    11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

So, three days after the two witnesses get murdered.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    So, three days after the two witnesses get murdered.
    Yes?

That's the cut off.

Boolit Buddy

That's the cut off.
    At what point in the 7 year (Daniel's 70th week) point do you think they are killed and left on display?

Three days before Christ steps in.
    I know that isn't an answer you're looking for but that's what we have to hang our hats on.

Are you desirous of attaching the rapture to the seven years proposed for the 70th week in order to argue for a point in the progression of events?

Boolit Buddy

Three days before Christ steps in.
    I know that isn't an answer you're looking for but that's what we have to hang our hats on.

Are you desirous of attaching the rapture to the seven years proposed for the 70th week in order to argue for a point in the progression of events?
    Just desirous of where your coming from, how you got there and what scripture it is based on... pretty simple

It is simple. Harming them is not allowed. Up until then the devil gets to play super star.

Boolit Master
    Proverbs 26:11

11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
    Goodness man, now you hit me with a Holy Spirit inspired sneer! (I wonder how He feels about that.) Anyway, it greatly pains me to confess that you have really put me in my place this time! Even so, you should know that my now sad, tear soaked old gray hackles are still lying flat. ( ) But you still not only don't intelligently tell me what I've said that you take such strong exception to so you relieve me of any Christian reason to bother with you anymore.

As a guess, I suggest you seek some honest background information of the formation of the 1611 KJV, and it's later history of revisions too. There's much more to its beginnings than you've been told and I suspect you'll be astonished with the learning.

Boolit Buddy

Goodness man, now you hit me with a Holy Spirit inspired sneer! (I wonder how He feels about that.) You should ask him... but you need to stop talking and be quite long enough to hear his answer.

As a guess, I suggest you seek some honest background information of the formation of the 1611 KJV, and it's later history of revisions too. There's much more to its beginnings than you've been told and I suspect you'll be astonished with the learning. So....just as I suspected, no actual list of names... no actual source to support your made up regurgitated dribble. It is pitiful the length that you seem willing to go to promote a doctrine or personal opinions
    I am growing weary of swatting down your foolish follies

Boolit Master

...ask three Baptists, get five opinions...
    From my point of view I would rather watch y'all compare notes
    than argue over whose notes are correct.
    "Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong" sang the Buffalo Springfield.

My Savior has
    Infinite Love
    Infinite Wrath
    Infinite Sense of Humor

I know about the Humor, because He Loves to hear us sing hymns.
    If you really want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.

We hold deep convictions, and need to define them, so we can understand them.
    Don't forget that Koine had no commas or little verse numbers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast