Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How merciful is God?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    well studied in scipture? so that means he has HIS opinion and like anyone else its just an opinion....He makes no mistakes or would have any problem writing a book in a way ALL men would know exactly what he meant.
    Lloyd, IF your own (really strange) RCC version of the Bible has no "mistakes or problems" you wouldn't have to ask your priesthood to get proper answers and, since you've read it all at least once, you should have no problem clearly telling us why:

(1) there is no original Bible reference to any low grade hell that you are taught to call purgatory where imperfect dead men may painfully earn the saving part of their own eventual salvation.

(2) why is there is no Bible reference suggesting Christians pray to anyone but God; not Mary or any other saints. (It does specifically say Lord Jesus is our ONLY intermediary to God the Father.)

(3) why is there NO Biblical suggestion that the Christian church - i.e., the Holy Spirit called and spiritually baptized body of believers was to be centered in Rome. Nor was there any structured bureaucratic body of exalted church rulers. Nor did the original church work out of any impressive paganistic temples. Nor was there any original repetitious chantings in Latin. And no "holy water" was sprinkled on spiritually ignorant infants.

(4) the Holy Spirit dictated 66 Bible books. They were recognised and established as the completed canon for the ages, they were established by a church council held in Nicia in 325 AD and confirmed in the late 400 era. BUT, over the next few hundred years some of the books that were first considered and rejected by those councils began to slowly be restored by order of various "infallible" popes and inserted between the Old and New Testaments. If your church's version of scripture were true no such "corrections" and "additions" would have been later required would they?

Lloyd, I have a LOT of other questions about RCC oddities but that's enough to explain why I strongly challenge your suggestion that my Bible is less reliable than yours.

I also disagree with your implied claim that I, as a Christian, have no right to actually study my unmodified Bible rather than just be spoon fed wrong doctrines some RCC priests think I need to know but get taught by sanctioned but clearly mistaken others.
    Last edited by 1hole; 07-16-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234