Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: weed whackers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by upr45 View Post
    I bought a high wheel weed trimmer from a sears store before they closed. Takes 2 pieces of string that i buy and cut to18.75". The same or similar model is sold by husqvarna, cub cadet, and a few more. It has a 4 cycle motor like a lawnmower.
    can't cut too close to trees else can ring the bark and it will kill the tree. i also use it to cut the tall grass and weeds in my shooting lanes. It pushes easy and is ok if the terrain don't have fallen limbs. I use non alcohol gas in all my small engines and rarely have issues.

Those are wicked. I have an Echo Bearcat that is a similar tool. Mine has a steel blade I can put on it. 3 to 4 inch trees are no match for it. I would not exactly call it a weed whacker though. Way overkill for most folks, but damn it sure will clear a path.

Boolit Grand Master

Used a Ryobi 2 stroke for years before it finally gave up. Now have 2 Ryobi 4 stroke, one at home and one at my camp. They both work fine and not mixing the gas is nice but they don't seem to have the power of the 2 stroke. I don't use straight gas much but do add something in for the ethanol. So far no problems.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Last year I got a Honda 4 cycle trimmer and brusher.
    It is quiet and does an amazing job on weeds and brush, and will take down saplings up to 4”.
    Has both the string attachments and several different saw blades.

Bob
    Last edited by BRobertson; 06-25-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Been using a walk behind trimmer. A lot easier to maintain than the handheld versions. when the 5hp engine crapped the bed I replaced it with a 17hp vertical v-twin mower engine i had laying around. Doesn't bog down anymore for some reason

Boolit Buddy
    I have a echo two stroke . I don't mess around with driving 25 miles and then paying $7.00 a gallon for ethonal free gas . Every three or four years I spend $11 for new gas line and diaphragm for the carb .
    It's not exactly rocket science keeping these things going .

The four strokers seem to be hit or miss , for every person who says they have had good luck with them you can find three people who haven't . and I understand that it's more common for those with bad experience to speak up then the good .

I'd buy battery before 4 stroke .

Boolit Master
    GONRA's walking's too screwed up to operate lawn equipment anymore and was
    never much good at pull starting my Rarely Used Stihl 2 cycle chain saw and blower.

Near end of Lifes "Lawn Equipment Journey"
    The Voices told me to switch to
    Stihl's "Girly Start" (wind-spring-let it go) versions
    AND USE CANNED 2 CYCLE GAS ONLY!

Verked like charm Winter & Summer! !!