WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Harbor Freight Weatherproof Protective Rifle Case, Long, Black 9800

Harbor Freight Weatherproof Protective Rifle Case, Long, Black 9800

https://www.harborfreight.com/9800-w...ack-64520.html

I have two of these cases that have survived Homeland security and TSA multiple times.
    Although I'm not a fan of pick and pull foam I found I didn't need to.
    The foam is compressible enough that you can just toss whatever in there and close the lid with a hydraulic press.

At $169 in most cases, it's a bargain considering what it protects.

The only issue I have had is with TSA and their annoying habit of cutting locks that they don't have master keys to. I've taken to photographs of the case as it's closed at check in with photographs of the TSA droids and the paperwork. I'm thinking of mounting a light activated dash cam in the case it's gotten so bad. I now carry six sets of three locks each with matching keys. Twice now I've had to use three of the six sets on trips.

I've been held up waiting for local, state, and federal law enforcement twice now over suspected NFA (machinegun)and or local bans (Kalifornia). Each time needing another set of locks along with an explanation of right of free passage to clueless...

Okay, rant over. The point is I have and will continue to travel with these cases until the FAA, TSA, Homeland Security, and some other alphabet agencies find out that they were sourced from Harbor Freight and disqualify them from the accepted list just because. They are a great value and nearly indestructible.

Appearance is everything I guess. Maybe I need to paint the case and viral wrap the rifle pink.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAL (1).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	314963
    Last edited by kopcicle; 06-11-2023 at 02:53 PM. Reason: You've all been helpful and good sports. so, some fun :-)

They are just hassling you because they know they can.
    Those Harbor Freight cases are excellent, I don't have a rifle case, but have several of the smaller cases.
    I'll never fly again unless somebody decides to send my ashes somewhere.

Boolit Buddy
    They are on sale fairly regularly for $120. Very heavy duty and a bargain compared to others. They also sell pistol cases

Boolit Master

They compare favorably to a Pelican for half the money. They make great go boxes for Ham radios too.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Yes I saw these at HF yesterday and they are definitely worth the money. People say HF is all Chinese crap, but don't realize that most everyone who claims to be made in the USA is actually being made in China. Even Snap-On Tools are made there now and have been for many years.

Learn to look for signs of Quality rather than the place of origin.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 06-17-2023 at 02:02 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub
    I see they have a 20% off coupon that may apply to this. Bad news is it runs out tomorrow, fathers day

farmer66