Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Interesting thing happened to me this last weekend.

Interesting thing happened to me this last weekend.

I had a guy contact me to ask what could be done about his BPM Hand Press that had developed some play in the top and bottom plates. I told him I'd have to look at it and deal with whatever was wrong with it so he sent it to me. Everyone should know by now that I will take care of any problems with the tool up until I croak.

I got it on Saturday 6/3/23. Sure enough there was some play present and needless to say I was pretty interested to find out why it was there. This tool didn't have one mark on it! It looked new but the top and bottom plates both had a slight amount of movement.

So I took it apart and all 4 Roll Pins that secure the top and bottom plates were sheared off ? This is new? and this press was #274 so it has been out there for 2-3 years. So I called the owner.

First thing I asked him, was how many rounds have you loaded with this tool? He said around 10,000 !!! 15 different calibers both Rifle and Pistol from .22 Hornet to .50 Beowulf, +many Large Rifle Calibers

I was blown away!

He works Construction away from home for long periods of time, and he likes to shoot, so he has to reload wherever he is to be able to shoot on his days off. Hence the high number of Rounds Loaded.

The fix was to put "Hardened Steel Roll Pins" in place of the Stainless Roll Pins that every press is held together with. I put it back together and replaced all the plastic washers and put a new Primer Catcher on it.

The tool looks like new because this guy takes care of it. He keeps it well Lubricated, and keeps it in the case when not in use. I did find one little ding in one of the handles so I touched it up with a Sharpie.

As most of you know I claim this tool is the "Worlds Finest Portable Reloading Press." This one tool (#274) backs all of that claim up.

I also took a bunch of measurements off the various parts that could wear but there was NO WEAR WHATSOEVER,,, anywhere! (Blown away again!)

I have received lots of Positive Feedback on this Tool, and I have not heard one negative comment about it since it's release in 2016, so apparently I did something right? I have people tell me they Size Boolits with their press? I have one video on YouTube where a guy is F/L Sizing .308 Machine Gun Brass in one stroke! It takes me 3 strokes to push one of those cases into the sizing die on my Rock Chucker. I have sent these tools to many places around the world including the Farthest North outpost on the planet North of Norway. the UK, AUS, S.Africa, and Every State in the Union!

Many people say how much they like the tool, but no one has come forward that has actually used their tool as much as this guy has. I was impressed !!!

It was shipped back to him on Monday with a big N/C on the invoice! He should be getting it soon.

I'll let him chime in if he wants to, since he is a member here at Castboolits.com.

But as far as I'm concerned, the Tool has Exceeded my expectations by a long shot. It will certainly outlive me and most of the people I know.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 06-07-2023 at 07:35 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master
    You made a great product and backed it up. Seems like success to me!!
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Such a great testament to the great tool you've made! This reinforces the satisfaction I have when I use mine. On a sad note, however, I believe I need use your tool to load about 9,800 rounds to "catch up" with the customer who sent you the return! (My Buchanan (as I call it) is used by me AT the range where I tinker with loadings... Only four or five different calibres, with the one I used most on -- .221 Fireball -- had, no doubt, the greatest -- maybe, 100, loadings).
    Again -- great story -- and my kudos both on the quality of your product, as well as YOU -- re this customer return.
    geo

Boolit Master
    Congrats on getting confirmation that it is indeed a great product.

So what’s next?

Boolit Master

Where were you back in the day WR!......Man, if I wasn't so old I'd get one. My advise to anyone wanting to get into reloading these days, is to start here. Your tool is beyond some range goody. So much could be learned from starting here, with your BPM hand press. It is fully capable of loading precision ammo.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Mold
    I've had mine for a year or so and I haven't loaded anywhere near that amount but I knew from the first time I put it to use that it was a high quality tool. This thing is incredible. It might not be my primary press, but I won't be without it!

Boolit Master
    Great report on a fine tool!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

I have your tool. In fact, you have been to my house! I can attest to the craftsmanship and excellent design of the tool. folks, this is entirely unsolicited...If you need or want, the top of the line in hand tools, this is your tool.
    Reece Talley
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow