Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comments on Lee Products

Boolit Master
    Have a mix of loading presses, Lyman, RCBS and Lee. All work well for the purpose I use them for, but all my loading is single stage. While the volume of shooting I have done and still do is moderate (4-5K a year) can still crank out what I need and haven't felt the need for a progressive press. For handgun it's a Lyman Orange Crusher turret, for rifle an RCBS RC and for priming the little Lee C press. Only Lee dies I have are their universal decapper, ram prime and auto prime II. Others are Hornady, RCBS and Lyman. When my son started rifle reloading bought the Lee Challenger press and used it myself until I got a used RC to replace my old Lyman Spartan. Only difference I noticed was the Lee handles spent primers a lot better than the RCBS. Have, or had, molds by Lyman, RCBS, NOE and Lee, only survivors are NOE 5 cavity rifle molds and Lee 6 cavity pistol molds. Have both Lyman 450's and an RCBS LAM II, both brands work as advertised and can share sizer dies. Had a SAECO sizer but the ergonomics didn't work well for me. Have had Lyman, SAECO and Lee 10# pots, a Lyman 20# and only pot I have now is the Lee 20# pot, and if the Lee quits will either repair it or buy another. Scales are an old Lyman and a NIB Hornady on the shelf as back-up. Have Lyman 55's, a RCBS and Lee measures as well as an old Bonanza fixed rotor measure. Everything works as designed and does what it needs to do to my complete satisfaction with no fuss or bother.

I have no use for most Lee products. On the cheap i have a number of their bullet molds which over the years held up pretty well.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Bub
    I use their pistol dies, bullet sizer dies, bullet hardness tester, ingot mold, etc. They all work just fine. We also have their small press on the table for my buddy who can't reload at home. It works just fine. I have other brands also and they all fill a certain niche. Some expensive and some not. It's what works that counts for me.

If is wasn't for Lee Precision, reloading would not be the popular hobby it is today. Their target market is the life blood of the hobby. We may graduate to more expensive tools, but Lee keeps innovating and improving the hobby. I started with a $26 Target Lee Loader for my .243 Remington. I moved to RCBS in a year, but that whetting my appetite. Now many years and 4 presses later, I find I'm buying Lee presses again.....the APP and the Pro 6000. Not a bit unhappy with them.

I use RCBS and Lee dies.....both always work great. Many years ago somebody blew up an RCBS press mounted (unprotected) primer tube and hurt themselves. Lee countered with their first hand primer....All the others followed....quite often Lee is the first at making Reloading safer. The APP is a great innovation....wouldn't be without one these days.