Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expansion Industries Primers

Boolit Grand Master
    If it’s the company I’m thinking of, they had a little storefront almost out to New London from Lynchburg. I stopped by and “met” the father and a couple of sons, one of whom was busily sorting 9mm reloads, oversized from usable, and packing them in 50 round boxes by hand. They talked a big game about their powder and their reloads… then they disappeared. A flash in the pan!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy

I found this on Reddit today while looking for something else. It was posted about two months ago. I cannot verify the information in this post and I do not know the poster, but the pattern of behavior fits with Expansion's past crooked deals:

"As a former employee of expansion, i can say that they have laid everyone off except 5 people. We made primers for about a total of 3 months and that was to ship them to different companies to see how they faired against other brands. The company wasn't "bought out" necessarily what happened was an investor didn't like how the smissens failed to produce results (after the investor had spent millions on the project) so he decided to take over that was late December early January time after meeting him and he had assured us we where in "good hands" around the end of February (after producing some primers) they did a round of lay offs and got rid of all production excluding the supervisors, maintenance, and chemists. They began talks of bringing everyone back after the "upgrades" where done (we only had 1 cell producing primers at the time and the upgrades would bring more cells up) jump to the end of March and all of the supervisors where laid off (the only thing they where doing that whole time was sorting different caliber bullets that had been shipped to us via dallas) so all that was left was maintenance and management again constant meetings and talks of more upgrades and the investor got tired of throwing money at it and handed the company back over to Mr. Smissen as soon as he had it back he let all of maintenance go (without pay for the work they had done that week) and kept management including 1 security guard, 1 ground hand, 1 safety/shipping, 1 plant manager and 1 human resources. I have heard a few things about it since leaving expansion the last thing being they reached out to their old maintenance in hopes of them un wiring all of the machines so they can be shipped off. (They didn't pay them for the work they had done and then expected them to come back in and work for free.)

Don't support these crooks."
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Update! September of 2023 they filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/...ndustries,_LLC
    It is easier to forgive than to dispose of a body.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fotog54 View Post

Who would have guessed?
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by fotog54 View Post

Not surprising at all, given their track record. I expect the folks involved absconded with handfuls of development and incentive money.

Thanks for the update!

Boolit Master

I'm totally shocked that they ever actually produced any primers , now that's a really rare collector's item !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtroll View Post
    Not surprising at all, given their track record. I expect the folks involved absconded with handfuls of development and incentive money.

Thanks for the update!
    Absolutely! Once a crook always a crook. Those involved had a terrible track record. Imagine if they put as much effort into being a legit business as they have put in work being less than upstanding?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    I'm totally shocked that they ever actually produced any primers , now that's a really rare collector's item !
    Did they, in fact, ever produce any primers?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtroll View Post
    Did they, in fact, ever produce any primers?
    There was a YouTube video that showed what was allegedly some of their primers but they came from an unnamed source.
    the primers that were produced were supposedly going to commercial manufacturers first,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12