RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accurate mold ?

Boolit Master

accurate mold ?

since i can't make contact with MP molds;wanting a MP 359-147. do you guys think that Accurate molds can/will make the same that will cast .358-359 with my alloy??

Boolit Man
    If he doesn't have what you're looking for call him, but I am guessing he will have many options in a vast number of calibers. His molds are the best quality and they are made in all three materials, so choose the material that you are used to using and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    As long as it isn't a HP or have a small <1/8" meplat , Tom will make you whatever you want. Dropping at whatever alloy and diameter you specify.

Winelover

Better to email Tom.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    Tom is very accommodating and will certainly do what he can to help you. I've bought several molds from him, and even submitted my own design.

Boolit Buddy
    + 1 for Accurate Moulds, I bought 2 x 4 cavity moulds approx 4 1/2 years back both in ductile iron and both in 359 cal, have cast all up 90 k with them and apart from some light polishing spots they are in as new condition still, cant say enough about how pleased I am with them, Tom is very easy to deal with and email your best contact option

Cheers

Boolit Master
    I have 2 Accurate molds and are the best molds I have ever used after 50+ years of casting bullet, the next mold I buy will be from Accurate.

Toms work is great & he is easy to deal with on a project mold. Just about anything but a true RN or HP. I just got a new 45acp mold over the weekend & cant wait to get it going.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    if he is that busy; maybe he should make note not to e-mail him. he is still rude and will never get my business; but i guess that he dosen't need it

Boolit Master

He prefers E-mail because he has trouble hearing, as I do. I can certainly understand.
    Rick

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    if he is that busy; maybe he should make note not to e-mail him. he is still rude and will never get my business; but i guess that he dosen't need it
    I have always found Tom to be knowledgeable, helpful and cordial. I have over twenty of his molds, most of them my own designs. Sorry you had a negative experience, but I have a hard time understanding why that would be the case.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Are you referring to Tom at Accurate Molds? Or to Miha at MP Molds since you said you said you couldn't make contact?

All the responses to this thread indicate that Tom is very easy to work with. I found that to be the case also.
    John
    W.TN

Tom is not rude. That judgement of him is entirely incorrect.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

I've sent Tom mold designs perhaps a dozen times, he has never failed to send me his drawings back for review in more than 24 hours. He has always been prompt, polite and extremely flexible with design parameters. You might rethink ordering from Accurate, find something you can use from his catalog and give them a try. Sorry to hear if he was short with you but maybe everyone is entitled to have an off day.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Tom has never been rude to me either even with some of the hair brained idea I've had. He doesn't hear as well as he would like to but there are a LOT of us in that boat.Every time I emailed him he gets back to me in a timely fashion. He is busy and I'm glad to have a custom mold maker like him and Swede to fuel our whims.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    With an attitude like that it is going to be hard for you to deal with any custom mold maker that is busy. They simply do not need that kind of aggravation or negative advertising. My guess is that if he reads these forums then it is unlikely he will answer your emails going forward.
    And since you have not specified which person you made that reference to you might find that neither will talk to you!
    Last edited by Rickf1985; 05-13-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Boolit Master
    sorry; i was not refering to Tom at acccurate molds being rude. i was refering to MP molds not returning 2 messages. he is the one that i think might be rude. if you guys had read my post you would understand that i was reffering to MP molds being rude by
    not .returning any of my messages. and i don't care if MP molds shuns me; we won't ever be doing business.
    Last edited by porthos; 05-13-2023 at 07:46 PM.

Boolit Master

Your loss!
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    there are other good mold makers out there. instead of accurate; i ordered the NOE version (close to MP) and recieved it today.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve never bought from Accurate, but have only heard good things. Supposedly he asks for the alloy you use, so the boolits come out to exactly the dimensions ordered.