MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Benelli Nova 12ga Cantilever slug barrel

Boolit Grand Master

Benelli Nova 12ga Cantilever slug barrel

This is a barrel I have had for a long time, but I never use it. I don't think I've shot it in 8-10 years. This barrel was made by the old pre-2005 Ithaca company, I bought it somewhere around 2006-2007. I've shot a few deer with it, but have not had any reason to use it since I bought a dedicated slug gun.

There are no brand marks on the barrel. It says 12 ga 3 inch made in USA on one side, and that's it. Despite saying 3 inch, this does have a 3 1/2" chamber measured with a gauge. I have never shot 3 1/2" slugs in it, and I'm not sure there are any with Dixie and Light field gone, but the option is there. It has a 1:28" twist fully rifled, and is 24" long. The scope is a cheap Konus 1.5-5x, nothing special but it works. There's hardly any marks on the outside other than wear from the pump. 15 years ago I tried most sabot slugs available then, and most shot mediocre. Winchester BRI was the best. Just as accurate, if not more was a Remington Slugger rifled slug. I can't recall if it was the 7/8oz or 1 oz. I mostly shot my home loaded slugs. It shot the now long discontinued Buckbuster slug really well.

Here is the most important thing to note before you buy. Because of the way the barrel was cut, it leaves some of the shell exposed in the cutout for the extractor. You can see that in a picture below. The issue this causes is some shells bulge slightly, and this can cause extraction issues. Federal, Remington, and Winchester were fine. Cheddite hulls were an issue. Just something to be aware of.

I would like $325 shipped, and I am firm on the price. I will accept money orders, but I prefer PayPal.

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Grand Master

Bump ..

Boolit Grand Master

Bump...

Boolit Grand Master

Anyone?

Moved to CD.

DG