WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Need hard Cast Bullet load for .30 Mauser Broomhandle

Boolit Buddy

Need hard Cast Bullet load for .30 Mauser Broomhandle

Hi there,
    In a trade I also ended up with a Box of probably 50 year old 100 CIL Factory Cast Powder Coated Pistol Bullets in .307 Diameter weighting 98 Grains.

I don't want them to goto waste and like to shoot them out of my Mauser Broomhandles

Powder on Hand is Bullseye, Red Dot, Win 231 and HP-38.

My old Lyman 44th Edition Reloading Handbook shows a Cast Bullet Load for 93 Grain Bullets using Bullseye or Red Dot but nothing for 98 Grain Bullet weights.

I am wondering if somebody has a Load calculator and would be so kind recommend Powder weight for my Bullets and Powders on hand.

Thanks in advance & Cheers

Boolit Grand Master
    I would try 3.2 grains of bullseye, going up .2 grains at a time, to a max of 4.0, stopping whenever I got good function. Or else 3.6 grains of WW231/HP38, up to 4.3 grains. Again, I'd stop when I got good function. I would try for the lowest load that works, because a full power load might leave you mining lead. I was unaware that powder coating has been around that long. First ones I remember were S&W Blue-nosed Hollowpoints. I shot quite a few of them out of my J-frame snubby.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.