Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry revolvers?

Boolit Master

Henry revolvers?

Does anybody own one yet? what are your thoughts on them The only place I could find them on anybody's website was Midwest Gun Works. They were listed at $725 but sold out.

I thought they weren't actually out yet, just announced at the NRA Show? They are also, really, ugly. They look like Henry used up a bunch of old Harrington and Richards parts left over.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    More wheelguns is always a good thing, but I am really surprised Henry didn't go the single action route instead.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Eeeekkk. They look Fugly. And the MSRP? I’ll pass.

Boolit Buddy
    For that much money they ought to have adjustable sights and not look like a potmetal starter pistol.

Blue looks good; at least on their website. Has an old design look, perhaps what the folks at Henry wanted, it goes with their Henry. If it's well made people will buy it IMO- It's a magnum so plenty strong but holding judgement until I see one in person.
    Last edited by gc45; 04-16-2023 at 11:01 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    More wheelguns is always a good thing, but I am really surprised Henry didn't go the single action route instead.
    I was suprised too. To me it looks like a fairly light weight (all steel) 357. I like that they are supplying 3 front sights of varying height. Dosnt bother me to file them tho.

Boolit Master

They need a support for the ejector rod to prevent it from being damaged!

Boolit Grand Master
    I am starting to wonder about Henry. That Homesteader 9mm carbine and now this. Neither of them make sense.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I am starting to wonder about Henry. That Homesteader 9mm carbine and now this. Neither of them make sense.
    The carbine makes as much sense as ruger making the mini-14, and there 9mm carbine the reason is ban states, where rifles like that with 5 or 10rds mags are the only thing allowed

Boolit Master

They could at least ATTEMPT to make a clean, flush join between two metal parts, rather than manufacture a topographical map of Utah.

No shortage of good used revolvers out there. This looks like an excuse to go find one.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Two words: “Market Share

I think Henry will roll out an adjustable sight version at some point. If the real world retail is $750.00 or so then that is about the same as the GP-100 and 686, both of which are too big and heavy for my taste. I think Henry will have no trouble selling them. .357 revolvers are a hot topic right now and they don't stay in stock long at all no matter the price.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't understand the criticism at all. My first thought was wow, what a great looking gun. Then I saw the brass frame, and I fell in love. I thought for sure it would be stupid expensive like the homesteader, and i was blown away that it's MSRP is less than a plain Jane Ruger GP100.

I like that they went with a recessed ejector, not that a half lug is bad. Full underlug, now that is fugly. With all the whining about the GP100 being too big and heavy, people should be overjoyed. This is basically what Ruger should have done with the SP101. Time will tell if it will hold up better than a S&W K frame.

If you watch the video, they are coming out with more versions in the next couple months. I'm definitely interested in the full grip version once they offer it with adjustable sights. I'm also in their suggestion box for a 7 shot 327 Federal version.

Boolit Master

I'd like to see one in person. The pictures look pretty good, although the birds-head execution looks a little "off" to me. Certainly not going to trash it before I even see it.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

I’m surprised Henry showed a pistol on their website with such poor wood to metal fit on the back of the grip. Does anyone have an idea what the sliding tab is that’s located on the inner, front side of the trigger guard?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
    I’m surprised Henry showed a pistol on their website with such poor wood to metal fit on the back of the grip. Does anyone have an idea what the sliding tab is that’s located on the inner, front side of the trigger guard?
    I think you need to look again. The wood to metal fit is nearly perfect. I think what you are seeing is a reflection from a slightly rounded edge of the shiny brass. If there's anything Henry gets right, it's the wood. There's no better factory stocks in the business outside of customs. I'm guessing that tab is nothing but an alignment for the grip frame.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I don't understand the criticism at all. My first thought was wow, what a great looking gun. Then I saw the brass frame, and I fell in love. I thought for sure it would be stupid expensive like the homesteader, and i was blown away that it's MSRP is less than a plain Jane Ruger GP100.

I like that they went with a recessed ejector, not that a half lug is bad. Full underlug, now that is fugly. With all the whining about the GP100 being too big and heavy, people should be overjoyed. This is basically what Ruger should have done with the SP101. Time will tell if it will hold up better than a S&W K frame.

If you watch the video, they are coming out with more versions in the next couple months. I'm definitely interested in the full grip version once they offer it with adjustable sights. I'm also in their suggestion box for a 7 shot 327 Federal version.
    This 100%. I love my S&W 10-5 and Ruger Service Six, these are the perfect size for a .38 or .357 revolver. Full underlugs are hideous. If I'm going to pack something as bulky and heavy as a GP or 686 then I would rather have a .357 carbine. I'm definitely open to adding a Henry wheelgun to my battery, 'specially with adjustable sights and no underlug.

Then I’m surprised they’d use a picture that showed a reflection that made the wood to metal fit look that way, although I did take another look and am not convinced.

I could care less what Henry makes.
    So, they make a few ugly guns.
    They make a few I do like, and I buy them.
    If their ugly revolvers don't sell, I'm sure they will drop them.
    Maybe they will appeal to the LTBG or whatever group.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast