Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Pin point oilers

Pin point oilers

If you are familiar with Bondic adhesive, you know it comes in a black plastic tube that has a pinpoint applicator built in.
    If you are not familiar with it, google it. It is basically a liquid plastic that solidifies under ultra-violet light. A small UV flashlight comes with the kit.
    Great stuff has many uses. Dentists use something similar to fill your cavities. One unforeseen use is the little black plastic tube once you run out of the liquid plastic.
    Do not throw it away. What is left of the glue can be dissolved and removed as long as it has not been cured under ultra-violet.
    What you end up with is a nifty little pinpoint oiler that you can fill with your favorite lubricant.
    Just soak it in denatured alcohol. Handy for taking along to the range.
    Just a little bigger than a carbine oiler and free as long as you use the adhesive.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I use those quite a bit. They can be found in bulk at American Science and Surplus. My main use at the time is doing oil painting, and I can control the amount of medium I want easily
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

French horn rotary valve oil also generally come in a needle oiler bottle.

Music teacher, soon to be RETIRED music teacher!

They sell the same stuff at inflated prices to fly tyers.

Great for putting eyes on minnow patterns.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

I wondered what I could use those dispensers for I have yet to empty one.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

If you don’t want to wait, you can buy these for pennies apiece on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kroil, gun oil, "Bullplate" and more… I have them in every range bag and on every workbench.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    If you are familiar with Bondic adhesive, you know it comes in a black plastic tube that has a pinpoint applicator built in.
    If you are not familiar with it, google it. It is basically a liquid plastic that solidifies under ultra-violet light. A small UV flashlight comes with the kit.
    Great stuff has many uses. Dentists use something similar to fill your cavities. One unforeseen use is the little black plastic tube once you run out of the liquid plastic.
    Do not throw it away. What is left of the glue can be dissolved and removed as long as it has not been cured under ultra-violet.
    What you end up with is a nifty little pinpoint oiler that you can fill with your favorite lubricant.
    Just soak it in denatured alcohol. Handy for taking along to the range.
    Just a little bigger than a carbine oiler and free as long as you use the adhesive.
    You can also go to Hobby Lobby and buy three for $2.98.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I bought a bunch of different sizes online. They come in real handy in the shop.

Boolit Master

I’ve been using those little bottles for years. Bought a whole sack full including a few tiny funnels. Provided both sons and grandsons with enough bulk gun oil to keep them well lubed.
    The somewhat bigger oilers sold by Brownels are more handy in the shop.
    John
    W.TN