RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seecamp Vs Kahr 380

The “Angry” little LCP became easier to control with these grips(Pink was half price!) and neon green nail polish on the front sight.
    Two six round magazines at 20’ here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Just today I traded my LCP on a Savage Axis .308 with wood stock. Whoever ends up with the LCP will be getting a really good little pistol, it just didn't work for me. The Kimber Micro is the smallest .380 I can shoot well, and it really isn't harder to carry than an LCP. Probably end up with a second one at some point, I have duplicates of all my favorite guns!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Next update, apparently it takes a while to get a Remora holster, like 10-12 days to even ship it.
    Got the Magguts springs, one mag didn't want to come apart or go back together, nearly lost the lock plate, but won, one mag went really easy and one mag didn't want to go back together at all. But they all hold 7rds now, so there's that.
    The Galloway Precision springs, this really surprised me! If you own one of these, I highly recommend you do this update! After taking it apart to clean all the grease out of it, I wasn't impressed with the plastic striker guide, the only real reason I did the upgrade, but opted to get the spring kit as well while I was in there. What a significant improvement it made! It doesn't really feel lighter to me, I didn't measure before and after, but the feel is completely different. It's still a long drawn out pull, but you can actually feel the wall where it's going to break now. The takeup is different, lighter and smoother, then you hit a wall, then it goes, more like a Springfield or a Glock, there's no "surprise, I'm going boom now!" it's takeup, wall, then "BOOM!" I'm honestly amazed at the difference it's made.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Will remember that, thanks. My BFF has a CW380 and likes it very much.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Read most of this thread and am glad you decided on the Kahr... I've been carrying one (P380) for about 10 years and have been qualifying yearly for my LEOSO with one.

Besides the P380 I also qualify with a G19, Colt Commander and a Kahr PM9...and in the last three years the P380 has made 60/60 every time, something which the larger guns have not.

And we also carry the same defensive ammo...as I do in the G19, Colt .38 Super and PM9...doesn't get any better than that...

Bob

Need some reassurance now, I guess? I got the Remora holster and mag pouch today, as of right now, I’m hating it! I ordered it with their version of the combat cut and the narrow sweat shield. It’s huge! I intend for this to be a pocket holster, which it just barely does! IWB it may shine, but not the main reason I got it. The mag pouch is massive! I think my Hellcat mag might get lost in it. It just swallows the Karh mag.
    I also bought this for a better fit, I specifically noted make and model when I ordered and front to back it’s better, but I can still easily slide a finger into the trigger guard. I’m going to try to add pictures, but really not happy with this purchase.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F9AF04B-929E-47DA-B9AE-E260B6BD9B3C.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	316928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E00B4E5F-3650-48B0-B4BF-FF5A8BBDEFB5.jpg 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	316929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22A125E6-710F-4C1F-BD15-E239EB111BE2.jpg 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	316930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EC7C9A31-1054-4617-83C6-7EC603EE2007.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	316931
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 95C329DB-FAA5-49D0-8D0A-443A46C1873B.jpg  
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Grand Master
    I understand completely. I have a lot of holsters that did not work as I had hoped.

I gave up on pocket carry after about a year. I hope you have a better outcome.
    Don Verna

For giggles, the Hellcat:

Name:	966C37D9-8160-492F-BFDB-4AFF060C21AF.jpg 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	316973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7E4DAC3-676E-4400-95BA-86EAFDE908DD.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	316974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A68591C7-AB2B-4550-A303-BBE1ACC19E7C.jpg 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	316975

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I understand completely. I have a lot of holsters that did not work as I had hoped.

I gave up on pocket carry after about a year. I hope you have a better outcome.
    The “crappy” Rangemax holster actually works quite well, I’m just going to have to find a seamstress willing to work with it, and the gun, to make it better. But the Remora, this is NOT what I was expecting.

Boolit Master

I started with a KelTecP3AT and still have it today. For me it works. Light, thin and small, 100%reliable, over all it's a great pocket gun. Not fun to shoot with the Ranch Dog bullets but I have confidence in it.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Sizing on pocket holsters tends to be way off. Way too big or way too small. The cheapo Allen pocket holsters are actually really good but don't believe the factory sizing chart for a second.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was feeling left out, but yesterday when I went to the Fun Store, I found a clean, used P380 with 5 mags for $400 bucks out the door. If it works well, I may replace my LCP with this due to the better sights. This has Trijicon Night Sights, though they are pretty dim.

Name:	IMG_3851 (1).jpg 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	317437

I'll get to shoot it Wednesday!
    Last edited by rintinglen; 08-27-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Great deal!

Boolit Master
    If night sights are important to you, you might want to contact Kahr and see what they would charge to have you send the slide in for new sights. It may be reasonable. Failing that there may be an XS sight combo that would work. GF

Boolit Grand Master
    Shot really well--no malfs in about 75 rounds with three different ammo types. Seems to dote on the Remington 88 grain HP stuff as well as my Accurate 35-100L hand loads. Really easy to shoot well, those Trijicon sights are dead on at 7-10 yards.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Very nice score! Look into the spring upgrades, I promise you’ll like it even better afterwards.

I’m completely blown away by Remora holsters, they have been amazing! Seriously amazing! I got in contact with them about the fitment issue and they asked me to draw my gun on the original holster with a fabric pencil and send it back, they even sent me a shipping label. I’m not going to lie, my expectations were low. They went so far above and beyond anything I could have expected! It fits perfectly, so much nicer. I had mentioned I wanted to use it for pocket carry so I was really shocked that they included another, smaller holster as well, that is also perfectly fitted to my gun! I’m completely blown away!
    To all of you that recommended them, THANK YOU! To anyone that was put off by my comments, I apologize and anyone that’s on the fence, I can’t recommend them enough!

Name:	8C2E8125-FB52-4CBB-9D55-3728A4989DCF.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	317489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A9A195F-972D-4B07-8217-53E2F672C0BB.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	317490

Boolit Grand Master
    I managed to put another box of FMJ's and about 60 handloaded 356-242 Lyman 92 grain boolits through mine with no malfs and really excellent accuracy. The night sights work well in real darkness. What I like is they make recognizing your pistol on the motel night stand easy, so you can grab the gun and not your wallet without turning on the light when something goes bump in the night.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 09-03-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Isn't it amazing how small those dots are, but they sure work well? I, like yourself, have really come to appreciate the night sites.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234