MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me 22.

Boolit Master
    The big 45 and any spray lubricant works on leaded barrels also. Wouldn't have believed it but it's amazing! Watched a local gunshop owner spray some "generic pb blaster cheapo wd 40 sold by the gallon" out of a febreeze bottle into a ruger super blackhawk barrel, wait about a minute then wrap some of the big 45 strands around a bronze brush and start scrubbing. Lead flakes where literally splashing out of the barrel in about 5 quick strokes. After about a minute bore was clean and shiny. Ended up buying a couple of the big 45 pads and the blackhawk once he was done.
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelode View Post
    FIL has macular degeneration. Gave me his last rifle, a Remington 521T. The bore is good but all the outside is rusted as is was stored in a damp basement inside a soft case. Looking forward to ground squirrel season.
    Son started with the 521T for/in competition. Out side was in rough shape, he won many smallbore competitions with that rifle, shooting with/against adults, still have it.
    You will like it, very accurate..
    You just need to find the ammo the gun likes...

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    Son started with the 521T for/in competition. Out side was in rough shape, he won many smallbore competitions with that rifle, shooting with/against adults, still have it.
    You will like it, very accurate..
    You just need to find the ammo the gun likes...
    I came across some Eley Team. It's Tenex after runs and therefor cheaper. Shoots well in all my rifles. Best groups I've had. Unfortunately, I didn't buy a brick. Now I have a box of fifty to last me for how long I don't know. The next best ammo I tried is Geco Match, followed by Geco Rifle. I did buy a brick of each. Otherwise, CCI Standard Target seems to work quite well and is far cheaper. Just some suggestions if one can find it. CCI is readily available so I got a brick just for plinking. I would guess that the 521T would shoot most ammo well.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Bub
    This thread stresses me out just thinking about it! happy to hear of positive results!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12