MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how bad did I do ?

So how bad did I do ?

Soooo I done goofed today big time. Not the end of the world but been beating myself up for a little bit for not paying attention and letting my excitement get the better of me. Anyhow went on a 4hr drive for medical appointment and decided to make it into kinda a road trip ,hitting up a bunch of guns stores on the way back home looking for reloading supplies . Found alot of good deals and was riding that shoppers high like a bull when I saw this box at one place as I was walking out. Was being sold as one lot. Asked the price and they said whatever was on the lube sizer plus 25% off. Thought I saw one price that would have made this the mother load of my life soooo I just told them take my money basically and didn't even look at the receipt.....until I was two hours away.... Aaannnd all sales are final. Not gonna make a big huff about it was my fault not theirs. I know I know I'm an idiot , just trying to laugh this off and that it as a lesson learned honestly,it's fine though bills are paid freezers stocked and my work boots have another month or two in them lol ! Anyhow wanted to know what everyone though all this would be worth. Most of these molds are actually still int he plastic and look like they where never used ! All steel. And the lubsizer looks pretty dang mint ! Thinking about keeping the 30 cal stuff and selling off the rest to recover something from my blunder here . Anyhow what's the total for a set up like this looking like in today market?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Don't know how much you eventually paid, but it looks like a nice haul.

Well you didn’t mention what the pile cost you so can yet say you made a major mistake. Looks like lots of good stuff. Seen the lube sizer go on fleabay for $75-200 the higher amount on a good day and the low on a bad day with excessive shipping cost

Quote Originally Posted by Rockingkj View Post
    Well you didn’t mention what the pile cost you so can yet say you made a major mistake. Looks like lots of good stuff. Seen the lube sizer go on fleabay for $75-200 the higher amount on a good day and the low on a bad day with excessive shipping cost
    $720
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

I can see why you flinched when you saw the total. Especially when you thought you gave less. . Maybe a bit much but I’m kinda cheap thinking a that if you bought the stuff individually might be fairly close to what you gave. Maybe a mistake but you did not loose an eye so it’s still fun.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like a box of cared for good quality stuff what you don't use you can sale or trade I think you did good

Boolit Grand Master

I am old school. I keep a running total in my head as I grab the items. If the total is off more than a dollar or two I go thru the receipt line by line until I find the mistake. Sale items not ringing up as sale price is the most common, next is scan price is different than price tag. Thing is 99% it is in favor of the store.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Honestly, not bad. From what I've seen lately in the swappin and sellin section used molds have been anywhere from 50-85 + shipping, size dies around 20 + shipping, and the sizer itself anywhere from 125-175 + shipping. Also keep in mind shipping would be at least 10$ each time 20 for the sizer. So if individually purchased and shipped at the BEST prices you're still ahead. And no hassle of running to the PO for money orders or waiting on packages hoping usps doesn't lose your package or that the person shipping it paid attention! So you did well I figure. Also no time spent searching for each individual item.
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Buddy
    A month from now it won’t matter how much you spent, and you’ll have all this good stuff.
    I try to look forward and not look back.
    Don’t beat yourself up

Pretty sweet finds. Maybe the price is a little high but, its only money. Make sure you cast some samples of any of the moulds you get rid of, so that you have an example for future reference. You may very well need that info later and be glad you know where to look. I've made that mistake a few times.

.I don't think you did bad at all. Not a screamin' deal but worth what you paid. Plus if it's something that you want then your search is over and your time has value as well.

Boolit Master

Think of all the money you will save when you start making ammo!!!!

Boolit Master
    Or you could be like some of us and buy a mold that we don't have a gun for, then go out and buy a gun to go with the mold! Actually, though the price was a little high, it looks like you got some good stuff. The mold that you've got in your hand, the Lyman #311284, is a classic. It was designed for the 30-40 Krag, but works really well in lots of 30 caliber cartridges. I've shot it in 308 and 30-06. With powder coating to bump up the diameter it also works really good in 7.7mm cartridges like the 303 British & 7.65x53 Mauser.
    Last edited by 405grain; 03-13-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Boolit Master

That is a bunch of good stuff there. What molds did you get?

I see the numbers now, had to blow up the pictures. Good stuff!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

I'm guessing that's a Lyman 450 lubesizer. They really shouldn't be worth that much, but it sure does appear to be a number of them listed online well north of $100. They were not worth that in the past, and I doubt they will be worth that in the future. I would advise you sell that if you can get the prices others are asking. That's practically Star sizer money.

Lyman/RCBS sizing dies regularly sell on here for $25 each. The nice ones that are new, or practically new could probably get $30 each without too much issue, maybe even $35 for certain sizes.

The molds are where you will have to get a little greedy. You can lean on the discontinued molds more. People will pay some really high prices for certain discontinued molds. That's where you are going to have to get your money back.

You might have gotten sheared, but you weren't skinned.

Keep what ya need/want and sell the rest.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I am old school. I keep a running total in my head as I grab the items. If the total is off more than a dollar or two I go thru the receipt line by line until I find the mistake. Sale items not ringing up as sale price is the most common, next is scan price is different than price tag. Thing is 99% it is in favor of the store.
    Same here. Retired CPA, it's in the blood ( or head actually). Like others said, you didn't really lose, you just paid a bit more now than you probably could have. You will forget about the cost in a lil bit. Hurts more when you buy a gun for a mold you got. Have fun, you are young.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    well you did okay!! hey you could have wasted the $$ somewhere else then its gone at least you got something to show for.

Bullet molds (2 cavity) are going for between $100 - $150 each. Lyman sizing dies between $30 - $35. A new 4500 is going around $250 to $280. This is all from Amazon. I didn't pay attention to whether the prices included shipping. Figuring 75% of the new price for what it appears you got you may have overpaid a tad.

As you said, keep what you need and sell the rest.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Grand Master

My advice, and it is personal, is if you have a place to keep it save it all. You have no idea what you will find, get into, or develop an interest in. You are young, you have your whole life ahead of you, so don't worry about the money, it comes and goes. I just turned 70 and have too many unusual guns that few would want - I have to make ammo for five of them! If you need any of that in the future you will never get it cheaper than you just did.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast